Magic is bad for humanity

He must work 10x Times harder than those who born with magic (still a hard training but different)

Yes he’s strong but it’s not the same to strong person with magic

it was, angel had a questline planned in AA before it broke where you had to stop her from reviving morock

vetex even had her arena built below cerulea but her part never came

I’m assuming that it was scrapped then (I might be wrong but I can’t find anything about Angel on the AA wiki trello or Lore doc), but in that case it was supposed to be canon but isn’t canon anymore.

quick note but the literal base mechanic of magic is that the more shitty and evil a person you are the stronger you generally are with magic, literally first few paragraphs of the arcane lroe document

i just said it was planned, not all the details are in the lore doc and wiki back then as tech and vetex wanted to have their secrets (look at torren, 3rd sea finale and how many times those were thrown around)

not all the story details are explained in the lore doc or wiki, hardly any main/side quests, and anything in 4th-6th sea was all but omitted, things like the averill’s vendetta quest, kraken kill quest, freedrock training questline etc

i talk to tech and sometimes vetex daily about the story, while the comic takes its creative liberties, i try my best to make the characters in it as close to canon as possible

and we’d be better off without magic?
even if the world didn’t get fucked a few times, humans would of still done war, no?
the war ages lasted for a fucking thousand years before prometheus introduced magic

you could also say magic being in the hands of less people grants less opportunity for crime
even if only 5% of people were wizards, thats a 1/20 chance out of anyone becoming a criminal
not to mention, many wizards join the MC and guilds, which actively enforce and hunt criminals

is inequality of positions a bad thing? would you rather promote someone who can tear apart mountains as a general or a regular peasant?
just because there is inequality doesn’t mean its a bad thing

even with the presence of magic, theres still plenty of bandits and mercs, which would exist even with the absence of magic

wealth redistribution is dumb,

yeah but the whole thing about criminals… is that they break laws lmao

only POWERFUL wizards can live for centuries, meaning the amount that could actually live that long is incredibly low

assuming magic is only destructive only takes to account what we see in the game
you could use it to protect shit, transportation, etc

to an extent this is already true with cerulean blood, but it isn’t that big of a deal, not like “better heir” and shit thats just horny talk

In our reality, you can thank ancient, medieval and colonial civilizations for the accusation of witchcraft that take lawful or democratic effort executions such as crucifixions, hangings, and burnings. I know it’s too dark and edgy, but it is what it is.

3 Likes

life magic ?

He’s talking about the inequality of power that exists in WoM, not inequality in the abstract. The issue is power is completely concentrated in one person, the PK, who could destroy humanity on a whim. There are so many things that could’ve gone wrong in history after the introduction of magic that could’ve screwed us forever. If durza just didn’t mess up and accidentally resurrect the PK, if the PK was evil, if the PK just died on some part of the storyline, if theos didn’t find them… We’d wish we were still in the war ages

2 Likes

gonna go full kropotkin on yo ass :triumph:
jk never read the dude

1 Like

lmao wtf is this guy saying right here

Only one person in the lore has Life Magic. However, while I do see your point, the fact that this is an exception, not the rule, only further proves mine.

2 Likes

only POWERFUL wizards can live for centuries, meaning the amount that could actually live that long is incredibly low

This still means that their power is concentrated in only a few people. As the person above said, the eleven unknowns all have the power to completely wipe humanity off the face of the earth. It’s already happened to the Vastus, and Durza wasn’t even an Unknown.

even if the world didn’t get fucked a few times, humans would have still done war, no?
the war ages lasted for a fucking thousand years before Prometheus introduced magic

You say this as if the war ages could ever have gotten to the point of absolute destruction and bloodshed as there was with magic. It’s like going from spears and shields to nukes. But giving everyone access to the launch codes. Even if only 1% of the population gets powerful enough and only 1% of that is willing to use their magic for evil, that’s still a lot of nukes flying about.

you could also say magic being in the hands of less people grants less opportunity for crime
even if only 5% of people were wizards, thats a 1/20 chance out of anyone becoming a criminal

Those same people are powerful enough to as strong as a hundred normal bandits. It’s not about how many, but how powerful. And they can become extremely powerful.

is inequality of positions a bad thing? would you rather promote someone who can tear apart mountains as a general or a regular peasant?
just because there is inequality doesn’t mean its a bad thing

“Inequality isn’t a bad thing” yes it is what are you talking about. My argument is that people who are just born with the ability to tear apart mountains shouldn’t even exist.

even with the presence of magic, there’s still plenty of bandits and mercs, which would exist even with the absence of magic

True, but with the magic they simply become much more capable of evil acts. Our characters are able to destroy and massacre villages and cities right now, and we’re not even that high-level.

wealth redistribution is dumb

Have you never heard of taxes?

You really can’t talk about things in the context of WoM that might resemble some subject of debate in irl politics without someone opining about their position on that sensitive subject :fr:

plz no politics :fr:

fuck logic i wanna have a screwed up economy cause there’s infinite of everything, and magic cool

1 Like

generals dont go to the front llines they’re literally just strategists :fr:

lmao, he probably meant captain or major

it was a rhetorical statement
and in this world, the ones in the highest positions are all powerful anyways

classism in wom?