MAGIC STAT PVP GUIDE (video script ive made)

video intro (dont read if u dont wanna cringe)

Are you a master magic user in pvp? Do you land blast after beam without delay? Do you always manage to escape your opponent’s grasp? If not, this video is for you.
What’s up losers, in today’s video i’ll be going over EVERYTHING you need to know to pvp effectively and efficiently with magic

ZONING EXPLAINED

But before we get into that, I need to explain what exactly the word ZONING means. Zoning is the main playstyle of magic users, and it is defined as

Zoning is all about controlling the space between you and the opponent, typically with different types of projectiles that force your opponent into disadvantageous positions based on their distance.

This means that whenever you can hit your opponent, but they can’t hit you, you’re zoning properly.

This is one of the MAIN reasons that magic hybrid classes such as savant, conjurer, and warlock are so good at fighting. They have the ability to fight up close, and at range, depending on what suits them.

Unfortunately, this can be incredibly annoying to fight against, especially if your opponent is using a fast magic such as light, lightning, or shadow, sometimes it’s even labeled as running, which is an entirely different thing.
But enough with the yapping, let’s get into how exactly to play magic

First we need to talk about the

BLAST SPELL

BLASTS

Blast is your #1 Tool in the magic arsenal, being the most basic of projectiles in the entire game
It is unlocked at 0 magic, and most spells are a variation of it, like pulsar and javelin, and as such, everything in this section will apply to those as well

The First MAJOR tip I have for blast, and really every skill in this game is
GET IN THE AIR!! Arcane Odyssey is a game with a ton of air combat, so by staying on the ground, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage, the best way to do that is by T jumping first, followed by a high jump set to one. If you’re low on stamina, don’t bother T jumping as you’ll drain your hp very quickly.

Once you’re actually in the air, you can begin your assault. As soon as you use a blast in the air, depending on how much attack speed or how fast you magic is, you will need to immediately press G to block or parry any incoming attacks, or dodge. Sometimes attacking again is a viable option, but you’ll learn when to do that by actually pvping.

A major tip I have for landing blasts is aim at where you think your opponent is going, not where they are. Unless you’re running light magic 200 attack speed, your blast will not get there before your opponent moves or blocks. It’s not happening

Next up we have

EXPLOSION SPELL

EXPLOSIONS

Explosion spells will be your #1 Finisher for magic builds, as they’re really easy to land but do medium damage, perfect for a red HP opponent. In my personal opinion, a placed shockwave is the best variant for finishing as it’s the easiest to land by far, and pillar and sphere are much more situational.

For self-explosions, they can be VERY powerful when used in the right circumstances, one great example of this is pillar explosions. Whenver an opponent is located vertically away from you, you can use it to get some pretty free damage in, as long as they weren’t prepared to punish it.

Next up in our lineup is

BEAM SPELL

BEAMS

Beam spells are the bread and butter of slow magics, as they are often very hard to land blasts with at far range. For faster magics, they are the High Reward Low Risk tool that is often abused in tandem with blast in order to apply pressure very quickly.
There are Three different settings that beam spell is commonly used on, all at maximum size
We have

• Single Beam
  • Double Beam (120 Magic Requirement)
  • And 5+ Beam (120 Magic Requirement)
SINGLE

Single Beam is the lowest damage lowest endlag version of beam. It is most effective at the tip of it’s range, maximizing it’s zoning potential.

DOUBLE

Double Beam makes two beams come out at the SAME time. This comes at a cost however, increasing it’s endlag but also increasing damage

FIVE PLUS

Beams set to more than 5 have their own niche on Three Different Magics
On ash and poison magic, more beams = more gas clouds. This is literally just free damage if you manage to not get hit while doing so.

On :light_magic_var1: Light magic, Multiple beams can quickly become an incredibly powerful tool when combined with high power and attack speed. The beams come out in a similar fashion to a gatling gun, but because of light’s self synergy with the blinded status, each consecutive beam will do more damage than the last along with making it VERY hard to see for your target. If you’re not very good at tracking targets or don’t have high attack speed, it will very rarely be useful and I suggest you stick to one of the other two.

Speaking of rare things, our next tool is

RARE/LOST SPELLS

LOST SPELLS

This script is already getting pretty long, so i’ll go more in depth on these in another video
For now, you get a tip blitz

Javelin set to 1 is for damage, Javelin set to 4 is for status reapplication

Pulsar Set to 2 Second tick is for damage, pulsar set to 0.25 second tick is for status reapplication

Surge Set to Maximum range is for catching runners, surge set to minimum range is for finishing off targets.

i think i did pretty good with this guide, feedback welcome before i actually go make the video

1 Like

Btw who drew these class images they look amazing

Got it off of wiki credit is there

Maybe I’ll search the wiki for an answer idk

As for the guild it’s really good I haven’t played pvp that much and I’m trying to get into it so this helps