Magic type rant thread

I use Light Conj on my main with stupid high dex and range with decent power and defense. It’s a lot of fun for pve, but I’m just trash at pvp in general so I have no clue if it’s good or not.

Honestly I still miss my Glass Ice savant, now he’s just a Glass savant, which is still good especially when focusing on weapons, magic, and spirit energy. It’s a lot of fun, but I do miss the damage bonus that ice gave on bleeding targets.

We need to know your opinion on Lightning + Water Mages and Water + Lightning Mages.

It’s a subtle reference to the fact that savants are the, for the lack of a better term, prostitute of builds, they have absolutely no real morality, they just do whatever gets them damage

Do we count Trueavants as pests though? They seem to be a little more unique compared to their brothers and sisters. Are they like the Petite Bourgeoisie of savants and should still be eliminated?

i dont hate people because of magic really, but i dont like glass because its very very loud

Sam001002 would cringe at seeing this if he was here :sob:

i think plasma and lightning users are awesome

Tbh in terms of aura nothing beats a magic colossal cleave. Dragon slaying anihillation comes close, but cleave is like that.

opinion on us fire-ash mages

Magma??? On a non hybrid build???

To the wood user’s dungeon of doom and despair you go.

Light conj is one of two things: the most fun build to duke it out with or cancer.

Glassvant is underrated, especially if you go full send into a bleed build with greases and white eyes tooth/rusty zweihander

Scum

Amazing people.

As a former truevant, running spirit alongside magic and strength weapons was one of the most fun builds to play as, the funniest with its gimmicks, and a very off meta take on a meta class.

Fire ash is a bit underpowered in my eyes these days, as a lot of magics win clashes and there are more meta options to run with fire. If its a cqc mage build, hats off to you for being one of the few mages who I respect.

Plasma’s are usually skilled, lightning users are kinda meh unless theyre using warlock.

Met a guy who ran thermo + lightning in ely, and he was formerly #2 on elo leaderbord for a good reason.

Using it for the platforms. You see, back on my 2 GB RAM pc my ship was laggy so I had to swim between islands myself

Acceptable.

Wind

Out of all magic inside of my arcane odyssey, wind and its various mutations never cease to amaze. Its unlike any other, having an emphasis on moving your opponent as well as dealing basic damage. Its nature of being gimmicky makes for some very interesting setups, with or without using freezemage.

Its the odd one out of the base magics like I said before, but thats what make it and its users interesting.

I’ve used both

Plasma is on my dark sea file but that’s all I really use it for

Light, with respect to the other magics, is an air rifle among M198 howitzers loaded with 155mm artillery shells