Magic type rant thread

Note: all of the below is purely for entertainment, I do not disparage any magic type as they are all aspects of magic which is a core gameplay element.

Ever find a particular type of magic and/or its users to be extremely annoying, pathetic or just lesser?

Well I most certainly have, and to start us off, I have two and a half magic types to rant about. Magma, and crystal. Metal only counts as half a magic.

Magma mages: copy paste size build, annoying and always easy to counter. Even when I do pve these days, you either lag out the ENTIRE server, or just killsteal my npc bounties.

If your a hybrid and use magma, you are a fucking GIGACHAD and deserve nothing but acrimonies every chest.

Now for crystal users…

Oh crystal users. Where do I begin? Your one of three things, the equivalent of a blox fruits bacon spamming ā€œfruit plsā€, a tryhard who has a crystal dex build, or a person who commits acts of terrorism with a max size build and explosive barrels right at the heart of caitara and/or waiting in buildings for your prey, looking at you, crystal + light mages. Some of the meanest damaging builds in this game use crystal thanks to its status, and there is not much to do if they have you outgeared and have half a brain.

My god, crystal users are something else man. Devs pls nerf. Again.

Metal users: rest in pieces and stay 6 feet under. I say this as a former metalvant, and I am genuinely glad it got shredded by the bteam. Why the hell did it deal 350 damage a blast while having the best clash rate in the game, two passives (bleed + size double in certain clashes) and enough size to level monoah?

For hybrid builds, Ileg is just better. Now if you were a prime metal mage player, I humbly request you turn yourself into the grand navy.

Anyways schitzo atlantean rant over, bye bye.

What’s your opinion on fire magic users then

Mostly basic, but nothing wrong with that. Good dot, familliar concept of a magic, good size, base damage and speed. The only time I fought against a user that was cancerous was in munera one patch ago during dragons, who did about 600-700 damage with a stone greathammer imbued (charged) raging impact. To this day I have 0 fucking clue how they did that with 3.4k hp + good size and no observable drawback.

could potentially be armor stacking but I haven’t fully made a build in this game since before the dragon update came out

And meanwhile I’m still using sunken iron armor that I got from two years ago :sob:

Me and my buddies thought it was too, but we didn’t know for sure lol.

i hate glass users because i got jumped by one in WoM

didnt got kill or anything but the little fuck ran away after jumping me like a [content removed], like [content removed] stay and finish what you started

All of them.

Glass is just femby version of metal, so I can see this happening.

Warlord much?

Savant user spotted, opinion invalidated

Jack of all trades, master of none; but often times better than a master of one.

On that note do you use lightning?

You seem like someone who does.

I use lightning but I’m thinking about switching it up because lightning visuals genuinely suck on conjurer

And you know you can click on peoples profiles and they usually list what magic they use

More like jack off all trades

And you are, as savants usually are, entirely and hilariously incorrect

Have you thought about using plasma or light?

Also people have more than one file, and die hard mages get 6 magic types that way.

Just because we savants dom everything we dont gotta discriminate against the class.

Well you most certainly don’t use any respectable magic type so going off meta.

An irrespectable magic is an oxymoron, as is an irrespectable mage.

Please, the only thing your class is any good at is build appropriation.

Magma exists.

As the founding fathers intended.

Jealous that I can use molten rock attacks while you’re struggling in the dirt with pointy sticks?

it’s… ā€˜jack of all trades’… :worried:
do not jack any trades
It will never be jacking off all trades

I am explosion magma Wizard :aga: