Maintenance Of Armors And Accessories

Maintenance Of Armors And Accessories
effort 2.2 10 quality 1.7 10 reasonability 1.166666666666667 12

Maintenance

• All types of armors and accessories, except for amulets, would now give bonus defense.

• Armors like sunkens, steel armors or anything related to heavy armors would still have the highest defense, armors that doesn’t focus on defense would only get a few bit of defense such as 40 and 20 for accessories except amulets. The bonus defense should scale with the level of the item, the given numbers are only examples.

• Existing armors and accessories with defense would only have an addition to their stats.

• If the armors and accessories aren’t maintained, then the bonus defense would be removed.

• Armory shop npcs would now have the option to fix your armors and accessory for a price aside from selling newbie items and then having no use upon reaching max level.

• Armors has 50 durability and accessories has 30 durability. Each fights you get into would reduce the durability by 1 and reaching 0 would remove the bonus defense stat. For clarification, no matter how many hits you take in a single fight, it will always just reduce the durability by 1 once the fight ends.

Pros

• Low defense focused builds would last more than 5 hits.

• Piercing would have more use aside from countering specific builds.

• Glass cannons would not be safe from the damage bonus of piercing.

• Low level players would gain more defense from low level armors and accessories.

Cons

• Prolongs battles a little bit.

• Doesn’t punish players who runs glass cannon builds.

• High defense focused builds would become really tanky.

1 Like

don’t think people are gonna like this idea but it makes sense with the defence nerfs we’ve been getting

seems like useless QoL feature, can’t metal mages just repair their own armour? etc. etc…

i see this maybe as a feature much later into the game, where players can optionally reinforce their armour costing materials ( sunken elements, metal shards and so on ) with the blacksmith galleon fee to reforge the armour ( i.e. reforging from terraria kind of ) that gives it a permanent boost depending on some kind of factor, like +15% defence, +5% power +5% defence and so on

2 Likes

Im mixed on this…

Pretty sure vetex said anything made with magic is bound to run out, for example gold metal mages wont be able to use their magic for free money because they’ll disappear after a set amount of time, plus people can detect magic.

Glass cannons will be forced to run some defense when fighting boss from the looks of it, that is if bosses gets harder from Calvus’ difficulty level. Making them change their playstyle just to fight some goofy boss.

Word, people would generally want glass cannons to stay as glass cannons.

Please, enough with the enchants, this game has 3 separate enchant system already :sob:

2 Likes

just like how the armour needs repair after a set amount of time no? glass cannons usually adapt to dodging and may play with a friend or two if necessary, yep or they will just find a way to make glass cannons more cannon

we NEEED reforging

revoke this man’s suggestion perms

6 Likes

I mean like they only last for like a few sec to a minute at most rather than days or months

ummm, the fragments that get left over from certain magics such as glass say otherwise ( puddles for other ones )

For gameplay reasons ig, vetex said gameplay =/= lore apparently but according to lore that’s how magic works which is the reason why we dont see an abundance of metal resources

ummm yeah that’s why i was saying it’s more useful to have magic tank the damage then break as it’s temporary

I can’t even bother to manage fighting style bars bruh i’m not gonna micro manage all of my armor pieces :skull:

This just feels like another unnecessary burden on players

Ah, you mean something like magic shield? It’s gonna be a lost spell according to the qna, but it’s locked behind mage route so this one is mainly in general

Wouldnt be that much of a burden ngl, maintenance would only be needed after 30+ fights and repairing shouldnt be expensive, that is taking in the galleon inflation in mind

I second this.

4 Likes

Or we could just y’know not add another meter that players have to keep track of