Make a method to change First and Second magic

One of the most important choices of any of the Arcane games has been what magic the player wants to use. The issue with this choice is it is permanent unless the user makes a new save file. This problem arises whenever there is a major shift in the meta, or a buff/nerf where someone may want to change their magic type. Maybe they made a mistake with their second magic choice due to any form of misunderstanding. Perhaps there suddenly comes a time where a new first/second magic or color comes out and they feel connected to that one instead.

While it may not be the most lore friendly, I believe there should be a method to switch your magic. This method should not be easy to obtain, if normally obtainable. The token to change magics should also be available through methods like codes or maybe a robux purchase. However, the two methods that don’t revolve actual work in game shouldn’t be tradeable, whereas methods that probably could include killing an extremely difficult boss or getting extremely lucky with a drop should result in one that can be both used or traded.

there is never meant to be a meta, that’s why it’s nerfed every update. if you get screwed over because of that, it’s your fault for not realizing that vetex and the testers care about balance.

also suggestions aren’t allowed to be posted on the forum anymore

2 Likes

You should not have ability to change your magic because:

1. Lore thing.how the hell you can change your mind?

2. If Vetex will add some kind of Toker or Scroll, then there will be no need in choosing magic correctly or choose magic that YOU like, you will be meta-whore.

3. If there would be method of changing magic the we can say goodbey to non-meta magic, cause noone will use them(okay SOMEONE will use [me], but many people will be attached to meta)

here we go again

life hack: just make a new file

You shouldn’t have to entirely start over because you ended up not liking the second magic you picked though.

1. There is no reason why a game needs to strictly follow it’s lore 100%. Multiple games throughout both Roblox and outside of Roblox have experimented with non-cannon approaches.

2. This wouldn’t stop meta pickers from picking meta if they’re extremely willing to always use magic. It only hinders those who didn’t want to start over from scratch for a choice they didn’t want to make

3. Meta’s haven’t caused entire communities to shift to one playstyle or ability unless it is HIGHLY unbalanced. It would shift the whole over-competitive side, but the casual fans and even some competitive players who pride themselves against meta (not necessarily a bad thing nor a good thing) will still choose based off what they like instead.

My preference will ALWAYS be Lightning as my primary magic, it’s been my pick since even AA, and I’m fine with a Cyan lightning (though if I had what I wished, a more dark blue lightning would be perfect but everyone wants what they can’t get anyways) but for the perspective of someone who’s element may get a fancy new color that makes their eyeballs happy, it’d be saddening to start over for a cosmetic change like that.

Saw the suggest thing only after I posted and said “eh oh well wouldn’t affect the game anyways”

The issue is there will always be a meta. This specific idea wasn’t 100% for it, but it’s taking into consideration how people will literally delete their saves just for something that’ll inevitably get nerfed, and instead of having people constantly start over, it’d be nicer to have a rare “Well worst case I can go back to the element I enjoyed before x”

lmao if you don’t like your magic, then start all over. a method to change either magics won’t come anytime soon

Read stated thing above; I know this wasn’t going to make it in.

ok

This is why Vetex emphasizes that “all magics are the balanced” or whatever. The point isn’t to state truth, it’s to drive people away from picking the meta because there aren’t many reasons to switch based on stats other than MAXIMIZING your potential, as with the way magics work even if you have the worst magic you can still play competently enough.

The only stat changes that would open up a reason other than metamancing are ones that alter the entire archetype of the magic or add features, but so far the only ones that might’ve done that are Crystal’s (and stuff like this won’t happen often), and the size changes, but for the most part the sizes changed just fed into the magic’s already existing playstyle.

In order to actually enforce it, magics that are meta get nerfed (except for the current meta but Vetex is not focused on magic metas at the moment, especially since we’re level 90/1000+ and don’t even have 2nd magic).

This is a solid reason but I think the solution to this would be maximizing their understanding rather than creating a radical new mechanic. You are intended to have what you chose and that will not change anytime soon.

Stats and statuses are being shown on the menu now rather than only being able to be found on documents is something that helps counterract poor choices, not preventing them entirely but still making them much better.

This is why what you describe will not happen.

1 Like

Why then Vetex was writing the lore if there is no need to follow it?

Yes ,but i dont care

On first releas there wer meta of Plasma, poison and acid.Now look at amount of people using those magic, wher are the?They are gone

Lol okay, then i was talking all this time as player who in AA choosed air magic, and in WoM still main Explosion.

I’ll simplify all the complicated paragraphs and articles above.

NO.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.