Make up your own random culture

Oblitescarian culture - a branch of Savarians led by people from Oblitesco who instead of focusing on using the Savarian gold alloy use guns. They wear cowboy clothes ( like the gunslingers in Oblitesco used to ) and are rarely magic users, all skilled with firearms obviously.

I want these mainly because in AA guns where this cool new thing that many people were trying to spread across the seas and now they where never mentioned again. I think they should instead be much better than they used to, and besides the flintlocks from AA we should get some newer firearms for high levels.

I would love this culture to come but the savyrians are already sort of cowboys and guns are gone since well…they don’t have the technology neither any idea on how to make it even if they have the resources. But again it’d be cool to have the Oblitescarian as a culture to oppose Savyrians or Alvarians.

alien culture :alien:

Newgrounds Culture - A Lineage that started from those crazy wizards on the Newgrounds Island, well, since they’re crazy, they could’ve flew to magius like a madlad

1 Like

When I saw the Savyrians being cowboys but with no guns I was disappointed too. But since there are still people alive who know about the old times, and the ship’s they used to sail to Magius had to have cannons because they used the ships they already had to escape their failing islands, and they had 2000 years of peace and prosperity they should have worked out how to make guns like they used to.
Of course they shouldn’t have magfeds now, but still the old flintlocks/matchlocks and maybe some newer designs such as primitive breechloaders would be nice.

1 Like

Tenochtitlanian culture - aztec-based, highly religious, has cool suits of tiger skin and huge buildings.

Some cool magically-industrial culture with flintlock pistols as ranged weapons or something and a capital like ironforge from wow

Well again the ones who survived weren’t really technicians who knew it and the blueprints were probably gone. Again it is possible they just don’t have the technology.

Great concept!

I like the idea that the wizards from Newground Island became sapient from Durza’s control after the cursebeard war, and ended up forming their own culture.

Perhaps they became productive members of society as merchants that competed with the Vistarians, or they followed in the footsteps of the dark wizard and became a culture centering around dark and forbidden magic.

Apollolotopipeans- From the legendary sky island formed on a cloud that always followed the sun where ever it went, Until their island was vanished these citizens have never seen the night so their entire culture is built on surviving in the day time. Having reached magius these people thrived in the day time with their powerful solar powered weapons however in the night they could barely function as a society and are left vulnerable.

1 Like

New Natives- Uncontacted tribes of the old islands were displaced when Magius was made. They have kept their feral and primal ways of living. They spawn in packs in forests/ wild areas and hunt the player down with weapons. They would be similar to bandits but spawn in bigger packs and agro on good rep and bad rep players.

1 Like

Aren’t the Savarians kinda already this? They’re leader was literally named Ramses II, named after the real Egyptian Pharoah.

Technik (yes, this is German for “tech”)- A culture where, due to genes, have almost no people that are able to become wizards or magic users. They make up for this by being the most technologically advanced culture on Magius, having guns and non-organic methods of traversing the continent.

Just to clarify why I believe guns should definitely be present.
Ships clearly have cannons, and had them since the age of the seven seas, so gunpowder was used to make weapons and still is in this world.
There are skilled craftsmen in this world, they make crossbows, ornate armaments and jewelry, so they could if they tried reverse engineer the cannons and just make them smaller and change the firing mechanism.
Now, some people could have seen this idea as primitive, given that the potentials of magic have increased drastically since guns where first made, and they would think they are obsolete and not really worth the time and work.
But, in this world there are non magic users who use non magic weapons exclusively, to them the idea of a small cannon in their hands would definitely be attractive and they would pursue the idea of making newer and better firearms, so cultures whose ancestors where gunslingers, or those where magic users are scarce could adopt a tradition of producing and perfecting firearms.

I have two ideas, the first being a mostly seafaring culture, they would have tiny coastal and island towns but mostly lived completely on boats and travelled very often. They would be lots of traders and explorers and they also fished a ton. In fact, they lived mostly off of fish and had developed fishing nets that they would drag behind there ships. They would be able to make some of the best food out of fish than any other culture. Their boats would look like normal boats but because they lived on these boats, the boats have been modified and each one has weird different pop outs and weird extensions. Because of this, the boats would not be very fast. This doesn’t really matter though because they don’t really have anywhere to be.

My second Idea would be a culture that almost never has any magic users, and people that do have it would hardly ever use it because the culture stated magic as weak. These people would be trained extremely well with non-magic weapons that would usually look like sticks with ropes on the end. On the ends of the ropes, were hard metal balls on the end. These people’s form of fighting style is so powerful that high trained soldiers can even take down wizards up to level 500. They are able to do this so well because they focus mostly on defense so they are able to weave around attacks extremely fast and dodge anything that comes at them. They wait till there opponent gets tired and then they use their many powerful attacks to kill their opponent. despite being so powerful they usually don’t kill their enemy, and instead usually take them back to one of their villages and treat their wounds and gain trust of their enemy. This culture is actually very friendly to outsiders but do not take threats lightly and in battle will crush their opponents if needed. They live in small villages and have very good food. They usually live in very cold places or in the middle of deserts so that their soldiers are taught how to survive in harsh conditions. They take their training very seriously. People who don’t become soldiers, usually become people who take care of the soldiers and make very good food.

[Insert culture name] - A group of exiles turned madmen who returned to a very primitive lifestyle, having a very basic civilization. Hundreds of years surviving in the wilds caused only the strongest to remain, their population being largely comprised of ancient mages and their offspring. They would essentially be a relic of the past, a few of them even holding possessions from the old world.

Pretty bad idea but I tried.

Ngrwééy Culture
Pronunciation: [ŋ̍ɹʷɛ́ː]
A nomadic pastoral culture that lives off trading livestock and goods that are made with their livestock like horns, milk, and meat for weapons and clothing. Since they never had a large proportion of magic users to begin with, those with magic abilities are often delegated as priests, being tasked with prayer and reading the weather.

They live in the tough, arid desert area, and have a moderate population of about 10,000.

You can’t see pronunciation on phone, sorry

2 Likes

:skull:
necro but cool idea

D:

betex get em

me likey likey