Making a Sailboat for the Dark Sea - Need suggestions

Hello everyone! I’m trying to challenge myself by doing Dark Sea runs in a sailboat. Mostly in the 0 Insanity range, but I do want to try to go to the 1 Insanity range sometime.
So I went on the wiki and did some calculations.

I don’t know whether or not to prioritize speed over ship health, and if you guys have any other suggestions, lemme know! (BTW stats don’t include deckhand)

do it in a rowboat that’s more funny

1 Like

I would say if your going for mostly ins 0 runs then durability would be slightly more important and due to water poisoning and the fact you wont have enough stability to last long in ins 1, I would advise just running ins 0.

I suggest getting a brig.

you’re*

variant 2 if you dont drive very well
variant 1 if you drive good enough to not get hit by every wave that is thrown at you

tier 2 enchant v1 is impossible since you can’t have 2 warship enchants on the same ship
you don’t really need that much stability since the tier 1 range has a pretty low stability requirement (you’re supposed to be able to go there with a caravel quite easily)
having a lot of health along with a master shipbuilder deckhand are a good idea, since that would save quite a lot of money and time for repairs.
You also want a good amount of speed, since it helps with dodging waves and just getting to islands faster.

You can also level up your trust level with your deckhands to max and put frayed lead lines on all to get a bunch of wave/lightning damage resistance, which is very important for survivability .

Not gonna work because stability

Past insanity 0 you can get water poisoning which will just end your life with no warning and no counterplay due to lack of a bath (no, taking shelter like the debuff tooltip tells you do won’t help)

Recommendation: Don’t.

im not gigachad morden lol

fair point, 0 insanity range it is

nuh uh

im leaning towards variant 1, really hoping that the sailboat’s small size will come in handy

oooo good points, i didnt think about frayed leads

we need a soap item asap

when there’s a will there’s a way

if morden can do it in a sailboat, you can do it in a rowboat

It does, you just need to wait a while (and some don’t work?)
Although, they’re pretty much dead if they get it in the middle of the sea