Making balance changes but I'm bad at pvp and balancing

Here’s a more lighthearted topic. I’m just gonna make up a buncha’ random balance changes for no apparent reason other than give people something to point and laugh at. Though, to keep it ‘sincere’ I will be ‘genuine’ with my attempts.

Combat Changes

Stun statuses

Give them some variation I guess. Make petrified the shortest but most impactful slow and frozen the longest but least impactful slow.

Earth
It’s kinda boring that earth is supposed to just be ‘a magic with good stats’. Light and shadow do that too and even they have unique effects! So give it its own damn status already.

Bleed → ‘Shattered’

Shattered is a building status effect like crystal. It lasts a long time, and requires you to get up to six stacks, with stacks only being applied on hits that do 5% health or more. Once it pops, the opponent loses some power to their blocking and gets a very slight slow.

Wood
Same as Earth, its boring that it only has one status effect, so screw balance Imma give it its own.

Bleed → “Splintered”

Splintered is a status effect applied by wood that deals over 5% of your health in one hit. It lasts a decent amount of time, not too long, and while someone is splintered, all synergy bonus damage is doubled. (So if you got +30 damage from a synergy you now get +60 while they are splintered). Splintered also synergizes with itself for 5% more damage.

Thermo Fist
Nerf it again. Give it a heat bar that builds really slow (Like twenty attacks in combat to max) and then make it so it takes like five seconds of not attacking to start draining.

Cannon Fist
Add some special cannonballs so cannon fist can do some neat synergies I guess. Add an burning cannonball so they can pop charred with explosive, or a corossive cannonball to get bonus damage on fire. Make them the master of gimmick.

Atlantean Weapons
Make all of them hybrid accessible. Including Urchin, scald tooth, and greatsword. I have no reason, just do it.

New rare weapon
I think we are really lacking on cutlass/sword options for rare weapons rn. We could do with another.

Stats

Armor Piercing

No longer does bonus damage on extra health, instead, it increases your chance to break armor or remove limbs dramatically.

Intensity

Rework to be attack cooldown already please and thank you.

Thorns Stat
Add a stat that makes anyone who deals damage to you receive a portion of that damage. Then true pacifist 6k health builds can be created.

Modifiers
All of these are just cosmetic now.

Armors

Dark Bronze gear
Defense + Attack speed → Defense + Agility

We have like 3 sets of armor that give defense + attack speed one of those could go to giving a pair of stats that aren’t together yet. That almost sounded reasonable, huh?

Fighting Style Gear
Basic combat (Power + Intensity) → (Attack size, Intensity, Agility, Attack speed)

It’s the jack of all trades, right, so it should do a little of everything!

Uhh Idk anymore

Ram Defense Deckhands
Quadruple the stat they give. If they give such a niche, almost useless stat, they might as well give a sizeable amount of it.

Arcanium Cannons/Rams
Make them more in line with the recent arcanium stuff. All it changes is range and damage, so uhh, make it change fuse time and reload time too.

Fish platter
Why is it when you bite from a fish platter you eat the WHOLE fish in the center? That bothers me so damn much, what am i eating for the next 4 bites? The seasoning? Am I drinking the fuckin’ sauce? Like an animal? Make it so it takes 3 bites for the fish to go away.

Yeah thats it. These aren’t meant to be taken seriously in the slightest, so just have fun with it.

2 Likes

We do NOT need a stat that direct counters weapon builds and their drip.

2 Likes

Psht, it already counters like, anyone who invests even 1 point into defense. I think its fine if all the like, twenty weapon users take the fall for the rest of us.

me when weapon users make up nearly half of Fluect’s build poll:

Bots. Have you ever SEEN a weapon user?

erm… chat hes got a point.

(even if I am one and best friends with a warrior)

1 Like

completely remove weapon equip delay

1 Like

You see, this belongs in the joke thread because funnily enough, it will never happen.

1 Like

fr vetex halved it (allegedly) but that just shows he’s insistent on keeping it for whatever reason

i say allegedly because it feels even worse this update

buff drawback and attack size nerf thermo fist a little bit more and hm… :thinking:
have every third attack of any non magic build deal only 12% of its intended damage

your welcome vetex and the balancing team, game is fixed :+1:

this thing has no future it needs to be reworked entirely

No… lean harder into the gimmick. Give it everything! EVERYTHING!

What gimmick :yawning_face:

Doing ranged combat on fighting styles I guess, making it more magic-like.

But theres a funny lil’ song that sums up Magic vs Cannon fist:

“Everything you can do, I can do better.”

Ever since the introduction of magic M1’s the only thing that cannon fist has going for it is the ability to deal decent damage to ships, which is completely useless outside of pvp

Yes, especially since vet is adamant you will never get rewards for doing this with cannon fist. Its imbue on warlord is also atrocious.

Can’t be used to farm ships
Horrible imbuement
Requires rare cannonballs to deal more damage than basic

I sure do wonder why cannon fist users are so hard to find

double seismic slash damage and slightly lower its size

no… no he didn’t. It’s the exact same as before. Why does there have to be a weapon equip animation, again? I wish we could toggle it.

Bro spawned in upon hearing someone say “cannon fist” :skull: