Man roblox servers are dying

title checks out
does anybody know why roblox is broken lately?
i heard that there might be ddos attacks on the servers, but i doubt that’s true
in my opinion the recent lag is probably just a server outage

hi welcome to forum noob,what is ddos attacks?

denial of service, basically ping a router or server a buttload of times and wait for it to lag out

roblox gets ddosed occasionally, but I don’t think its happening rn

The last time I remember the servers going out was a few days ago, and it was apparently because Adopt Me updated and it caused the ROBLOX servers to crash.

We should really get rid of Adopt Me.

why people play adopt me,its a infinite circle of washing and feeding you pet

That’s a good question, and quite frankly I don’t know the answer.

I mean, give me a game with pet-collecting and I’ll play it endlessly, but Adopt Me was just so fucking dull.

5 year olds like to do repetitive tasks

Little kids are dumb and just want the rare super neon unicorn and to play pretend.
Adopt me is designed to trap small kids and milk as much cash out of them as possible.

It won’t be removed because ROBLOX is greedy as hell and loves the millions of dollars this scheme is generating them. If you’re an adopt me dev you get 6 figure income no problem.

The worst part though is that ROBLOX shouldn’t even have to crash when adopt me updates if adopt me would just be more fucking responsible with how it updates.
They literally close all servers simultaneously, ending tens of thousands of servers in an instant which overloads ROBLOX.

If they just staggered their server closing over the course of an hour or a day it would greatly reduce if not completely remove the strain their updates cause on the platform. But noooo, they can’t be bothered to.

if they made it so that thet they closed servers over and span of a hour of a day then kids will have to join a shit ton of servers just to get the newly updated one with the new pet, which they most likely wont which will make then complain like crazy and cry over it bcus kids ignore patience and waiting almost all of the time.

Not if old servers just redirect new joins to new servers.

the REAL solution would be so that roblox inproves their servers to make them hold like 2.5 million players in all games
they prob have the money to do so, they have like 4.5 - 5 BILLION dollars

It’s not really about their max capacity.
It’s about the fact that ~80,000 of their servers around the world shut down simultaneously

Then all the kids immediately rejoin, opening another ~80,000 servers.

well they can also inprove their server shutdown capacity to resolve the issue

I don’t think you understand just how much traffic 600,000+ players is.

of course i do.
its a SHIT TON of traffic

Like, literally, TF2 hasn’t seen much more than 100,000 players active in all their servers at once even during their lifetime peaks. (Tf2’s peak was 116k)

CS:GO has reached over 1.1 million, but CS:GO likely has less strain per instance on the system due to not everything being server-sided and not having over half their playerbase leave and join games simultaneously.

Actually pretty much. That’s what Adopt Me is for

It’s not broken for me, but It’s causing unbearable ping strain on my computer