Map markers

Still waiting for a reason

might as well get rid of quest markers with that logic, they “ruin the immersion” right? of course, making the game more immersive and realistic is a good thing but when it clashes with the actual gameplay then its not worth it

You know that this game is unrealistic. Having realism in a game is nice but to a certain point it can be bad for gameplay for other players.

No reason?

Calm down people

I got like 6 notifications from people disagreeing with my opinion :skull:

I don’t see why people want it so badly. I also got lost at sea today, and it’s all part of the game. Whether you choose to enjoy that or not is up to you. You get to choose what you do after all, so if you don’t like getting lost, just simply don’t play the game anymore.

So you don’t have a reason :+1:

1 Like

No, I don’t see why I should come up with a reason while your reason was invalid to begin with. This argument is making me feel tired. I don’t want to say the same thing over and over again.

I should probably go sleep soon.

Is logic and reason making you think too much? It’s okay have a break.

Nobody is disliking the game, they just want a simple feature thats makes QOL in the game way better. There are multiple good reasons for it to be added. That’s why people are suggesting it.

1 Like

The game is fine as it is now. I never said you were hating on the game for suggesting it.

All I ever said is that the reason you gave for it is invalid. Better gameplay? It’s already good as it is now. Getting lost in sea is a part of the game.

I won’t say this again. I’ll just stop replying at this point, because this discussion is so pointless.

Doesn’t mean certain aspects cannot be improved upon. And people giving feedback for improvement definitely shouldn’t be told “don’t play the game if there’s something you don’t like”

How fun. Definitely won’t result in a player drop if not fixed before full release.

I don’t get how it’s pointless, but okay. The game is in early access, there’s multiple improvements to be made right now or later in the future. The game isn’t fine as it is.

I don’t get how our reasons are invalid. If you would like to explain about it then do.

Though i personally like having to find my own way without a marker, i will admit that having one would be all around more helpful, especially when its foggy or at night.

In those situations, you just have to hope you know where you are and try to aim for an island, so being able to have even a small indicator as to where you are would be beneficial.

That said, not having a marker or having an option to enable/disable it is probably better in the long run, because it gets you to learn the map in your mind, and especially for the kids playing it, can be seen as a form of skill developing, since it builds a good habit, rather than giving them where they need to go, where they are, how far they are and generally railroading them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.