Map markers

So at this point it’s not even a discussion.
It’s been said so many times, the game needs either map markers or a player marker so we can see where we actually are.
Whenever the issue is brought up some people start saying stuff like:
“There’s no map markers in real life”
well obviously there’s no magical beams that point you in a direction in real life but that’s not an excuse to not have them in a game. I understand people may think that it might make the game more immersive making the players have to do the same thing that an actual sailor would have to do but we’re not Henry the navigator and this issue only leads to players being annoyed, lost and eventually many players leaving the game.
Another thing people will say is
“Learn how to use a compass”
Im pretty sure everybody knows how to use a compass.
You aren’t special.
The reason people are complaining is because it’s an overall annoying feature having no markers or player marker, not because they don’t know how to read a compass
And I’ve also heard people say that it’s
“Not realistic”
Well what’s realistic about half of this game.
I could write up a whole list of things that are unrealistic about the game but that would waste all of our time and that’s not what you’re here for.

In short, adding markers or even a player marker Would not make the game any less immersive and Would be a great quality of life feature.

And in the case that vetex really wants to keep the tedious navigation, at least let us have a player marker so we can see where we are when we’re lost at sea or took a wrong turn etc.

5 Likes

Player marker makes sense more since it still requires you to at least have a sense of direction and use the compass still.

5 Likes

Yes.
I think most people would be happy with at least a player marker.

Why is everyone so mad about the map system :fr:

Yeah, indeed. Just learn how to read a compass and become Henry the navigator. It’s really not that hard. We don’t need player markers either, just look at your surroundings.

Waypoints are also conpletely unnecessary. They were handy in WoM I guess, but navigating can still be done easily without them.

How are you expecting to learn navigating if everything is done for you? Don’t like the game? Don’t play it.

Probably because there are multiple triple AAA rpg games that have that system in place.

It’s annoying without player markers, but ig it forces us that really want to find that bounty to learn how to use a map

1 Like

this

atleast a player marker would be nice, then it’s less of a hassle tryna figure out where you are.

For example, at the forest of cerumno, if I had a player marker I’d be able to tell where I am and where I’d have to go to get to sailors lodge. We don’t need ACTUAL markers, but player markers would atleast simplify the “first, I have to find out where I am on the map” part of reading a map.

this shit had me dying :sob:

i do agree about having a player marker, but i don’t really care for map markers, you would still have to use the compass, but player marker would just be really nice to have.

3 Likes

Alr i got fog rain and a bunch of water where do I go?

Just look at your surroundings man, trust me :nod: :+1:

Yeah i can see where people opposed to markers are coming from but idk why people don’t want player markers

There is nothing to look at

We don’t need player markers either, just look at your surroundings.

that works until you are in the middle of the ocean with no landmarks in sight. i agree that map markers arent needed but player markers def are

4 Likes

Just keep sailing north instead of crying because you’re lost. At some point you’ll reach an island.

Once again

Don’t like the game? Don’t play it.

That takes ages :skull:
Instead of this please tell me a reason why there should not be a player marker?

We’re giving feedback for vetex’s game to be more successful

it takes a whole lot more time going north until you hit a landmark and then going to the island you wanted to go instead of just looking at the map and finding where you are immediately.
just because we have criticism towards the game doesnt mean we outright hate it…

1 Like

Wow people really need to see their player on the map huh?

The game is supposed to be more realistic, and thus also harder. If you got a problem with that just don’t play it. It’s as simple as that.

Alr add permadeath. More realistic and harder

3 Likes