Massive L

ah yes, windwaker edition

I would actually like this, it shows where you are somewhat but also lets you explore shit

ohyea this would be good

Yes, that’s what you used to do all the fucking time. use the compass to see if you’re going in the right direction and then wait. Quit your bitching

2 Likes

you use a compass to see if you’re going the right direction, you use this map to see exactly where you are and how far exactly your end location is.

it’s like asking someone how far away x is after doing a light jog in a direction but you have GPS

So why is this a bad thing? Please enlighten me

because now it (much like you it seems) is completely mindless to sail around, and at this point you may as well just teleport over to the islands since there’s nothing that would cause you to accidentally go the wrong way

it’s literally impossible to make an error with the map, and making an error is how you can accidentally stumble onto cool shit and explore

1 Like

It makes the game more straight to the point

So it’s bad because now instead of getting lost and accidentally ending up in Florida you actually know where you’re going so you can play the fucking game?

4 Likes

have you actually played the game because last time I checked quest markers make it hard to not play the game

Honestly It would be better if your location refreshes every 1 minute or so so you don’t COMPLETELY rely on your player marker

8 Likes

another good compromise, this way the map is morso to make sure you’re not veering into the dark sea instead of esp

aka you actually use brainpower

on one hand being lost makes the game feel metroidvania-like
i’m a big fan of metroidvanias so i myself am aight with this
I also like stumbling across wilderness on my own cause it feels like i’ve accomplished something

but on the other hand the weird navigation is genuinely one of the most complained about aspects of the game
seriously since AO released take a shot every time someone talks about the navigation and how it frustrated them
a game becoming more accessible isn’t a bad thing and we shouldn’t be elitists about it

4 Likes

I actually enjoyed learning to navigate on my own and this was the very first game where I was required to use a compass. This making the compass completely redundant is very sad

That being said, you also couldn’t navigate half of the time because night or fog wouldn’t let you move to the next island to orient yourself

1 Like

the only part of navigation that truly frustrated me was The Fog coming because of night being practically eternal

1 Like

To be fair, I was frustrated with the navigation too at first and then I learnt and adapted and realized this is more fun then just mindless markers, but I still wanted the you marker so you can get a grip of where you’re at and how to get to your location. It isn’t gps, it’s common sense

The only reason I don’t like the player marker is because I can just have the map open and turn my ship till the dot is moving the right way, which isn’t exactly fun

just look at your surroundings

fog

then ask vetex to lower night time fog instead of making sailing braindead

I dunno if you guys know this but if you look through the lantern glow from your ship you can actually see noticeably better