Massive L

mm, so he listened to the hordes of kids that failed basic fucking cartography and made sailing mindless, hurray!

the actual issues was night time being impossible to see 100+ meters in, which could be fixed by reducing the fog somewhat because I fr can’t see an island until it’s a ketch away, and instead we now just have the map permanently open because it’s impossible to get lost now!

some people may see that as a good change, but getting lost is kind of fun because unless you’re literally right at the edge of the sea you’ll usually find an island you haven’t explored yet which is pretty fun in my opinion.

also, if any of you try to say some shit like how you can’t find any islands,
it’s not fucking hard to use a compass you braindead morons, the red needle is north (use the compass rose in the map to remind yourself, as North is red on it). now there’s literally no purpose to using the compass, at ALL, because you can just open the map and know exactly where you are/have to go.

Like, yeah it took me forever to find the spooky keep but that was because night never ended and The Fog Was Coming, not because I failed basic fucking cartography unlike literally 98% of the arcane odyssey playerbase.

TLDR; it’s not fucking hard to use a compass you underaged children, use your fucking brain. besides quest markers already made it really easy to navigate regardless

18 Likes

blud is pissed that we actually know where we are :skull:

13 Likes

it’s not fucking hard to use a compass, now get off the forums until you’re above 13 years old since it’s rather obvious 90% of complaints about not being to find your location are underaged

1 Like

I feel like making a video explaining how to navigate and use the compass.
even if there is a player marker since literally nobody knows how to use a compass

I was having fun without the compass then we got the people who don’t know how to use a compass which ruined the fun for me

I swear I need to make another file and make a longass post that’s a complete guide to skill issues because people also hate the bosses as well for being hard

4 Likes

Tbh I was starting to grow on the whole using a compass thing, but the night/fog was definitely passing me off

I don’t see how it’s a horrible thing, especially after you explored the entire map. It’s convenient at night I guess

10 Likes

maybe have it as an option in the menu to turn it off/on at the start of a playthrough and playthroughs that turn it on have 0.5x experience modifier

that’s not a great idea, limiting exp because you’re a child is kinda dumb, not to mention how long the grind is having your exp halved

1 Like

I mean, i was doing well with a map before but this makes it less annoying :smiley:

but like, what’s the point of even having a compass anymore, since yknow, you don’t have to use any synapses in your brain to go to an island anymore

to be fair most of the time when you’re lost you arrive at the world border and there tends to be nothing there

Honestly i dont really care
as long as he doesnt add placeable markers

9 Likes

I agree that this may be a slight L as I am a Lost At Sea Enjoyer but Vetex made the decision fair and square, let player base decide by majority.

Also to this point - why were people complaining about the bosses being hard? Like honestly, do they want complete pushover NPCs that do nothing but die?

Iris was extremely easy, and if every boss was like her I would probably not enjoy the game. Elius was only annoying because the terrain traps you at times.
King Calvus was ironically the most fun boss fight for me, he just felt different
All the others were in between medium and semi hard difficulty imo

1 Like

I dont use compass. I only use the map. Way simpler.

I suppose, but in that case you were probably at the edge of the sea anyways

Honestly the bosses are pretty easy, but the SMALL little you thing on the map everybody wanted. Idk why ur so pissed that you can see where you are where it barely helps you unless you’re lost. This should be a complete positive

personally it’s a good change
if anything it makes the compass more useful so you can redirect your trajectory towards the island you wanna go to
also it’s especially useful for cheap bastards like me who exclusively play on graphics 1

2 Likes

anyway for an actual suggestion i feel like a good compromise would be some sort of map grid section that’s highlighted depending on where you are
ie

29 Likes

the compass has ZERO use, just open the map, see if you’re moving in the right direction and close it