Maybe have a bot automatically close topics that are not suggestions after they are a week or 2 old

Basically what I am asking is, if a topic that is in-game discussion or off-topic is over a certain age, like maybe 2 weeks or something the bot automatically closes a topic, so we don’t get any accidental necro bumps and prevent intentional necro bumps

no one gives the smallest of shits about necro bumps

:fr:

2 Likes

I mean, they are pretty annoying, that’s why I suggested this so…meh

how tf are they annoying? just dismiss them?

bruh

Because we want new interesting posts

then. just. wait. for. them.

and there’s this thing right here:

and a dismiss button that asks you if you would like to ignore the topics as you clear them as well

Honestly I kind of find the necrobump stigma on the forums kinda overdone, sure we shouldn’t be looking at the same topics all the time but as lond as its only occasional it really does not matter. Automatically closing posts would probably be more annoying than necrobumping, especially if someone wants to bring up the topic again without making a new post (assuming it is relevant at the time).

4 Likes

this

how about a bot that closes a topic after inactivity for two weeks

1 Like

Why not just keep everything as it is since the rlly irrelevant will die out eventually anyways.

1 Like

That would probably best, I probably should edit the post, but I’m too lazy

Useful but should not apply to certain catagories such as #guides because those tend to die for a while but revive whenever updated.

hurr lock topics cause i hate necrobumps

3 Likes

That actually isn’t a bad idea, although the bot might have to ignore #guides because normally they revive themselves, they also basically have to not be closed because, well, they are guides

I think people hating necrobumps has turned into a joke, with the whole Brazil thing.

this but two weeks is hella short, maybe the current limit to necrobumping before you get warned, aka 2 months?

1 Like

Yesterday I made it so that posts in #game-discussion close after 6 months of no replies. That should prevent extreme necrobumping.

As for posts that are 3-5 months inactive it would be fine to necrobump if it is relevant (or art).

1 Like

Can you elaborate more on why art is allowed to be necrobumped?

I probably should have been more specific and said game discussions that aren’t relevant, but meta already took care of it so meh

The bot necrobumps and the #art category is like a museum so it would make sense to be able to bump it at any given time.