Memories of Arcane: Memory 1 ~ A terrible omen

Your eyes gradually shut… You are tired. You, Iris, Morden, and Warren have been heading towards nimbus sea for what feels like days. You are hungry, tired, anxious, and alert all at once. The clamor and trembling of the waves thrashing against your caravel makes you and Iris feel sick constantly feel sick…

Moments like these where you can sink into your ship, and relax are the moments you have enjoyed the most on this voyage. You’re tired… You’re falling asleep… You’re…

… … …

… …

I’ve been sailing for what feels like an eternity. For what feels like weeks, there has been nothing but the calm of the ocean scraping my only vessel. The maddening affects of the sea have been reaping away at my regular line of though. I thought I could handle this, I thought I could bear the role of a hero and save everyone from the terror that the order might unleash in the future, Be a protector, avenge tucker

I slowly rear my boat backwards

The shroud of the pure black sky can’t even reflect my frown. I feel anger and pity towards myself for not being able to continue, yet I know I will never act on

I’m such a coward

“MC”, They would’ve continued going no matter what… I’m… I’m nowhere near as strong as they are. I’m sorry Tucker, I’m sorry Beringer, I’m sorry “MC”… Any more and I seriously feel like my mind, my SOUL is going to melt, I’m seriously going to die, crumble away, cease, break as if I’m going straight down the road sort of HELL… No. this place IS already hell… I have to leave at all costs, before I die. Surely, if this is the maddening aura of the Dark sea, then the order stands no chance at getting the curse. I tell myself these lies to re-assure myself

The water goes still

My hairs stand up

I start sweating

It’s so hard to breathe

I feel like I’m choking

The sweating increase

My heart is pounding

I can’t breathe

“Why?” I mutter to myself, tearing up

Surrounding my boat there are hundreds, no, thousands of fish floating on the surface of the water. Their lifeless eyes bore holes into me. What looks like only a few hundreds of feet away, the air contorts and swirls around an object that I can’t even identify. The stench of rot and death harshly swoops through my nose. I empty my stomach

“urggghhhhhh…”

I feel so sick, disgusted, and repulsed just staring at the object, yet so allured, as if it is calling me by my name. I slowly rear my boat forward. The water begins to ripple and what sounds like a chorus between The sea and gods emanates from the object. The water rises and falls as my boat begins to inch closer and closer to the object. This should be, no, it HAS to be the “curse” that Beringer was begging me to find. My head starts pounding and pounding the closer I get to the curse. It feels like I am being pulled to it like a magnet, like I am

20 feet away my skin feels like it is falling off of my body, the chorus grows softer the closer I get, as if it is begging to interact with the object

15 feet away away, My vision is going blurry and I start coughing up a copious amount of blood, The chorus stops and the pounding in my head goes away. Time feels like it is going slower and millions of trillions of eyes are watching me as I get closer

10 feet away, I am already dead. My body and mind have gone numb. I can’t even think anymore, no, I don’t WANT to think. I don’t feel pain, or bliss, or comfort, or discomfort, or annoyance, or glee, or joy, or sadness, or excitement, or disappointment, or hatred, or love, or disgust, or anything anymore. I NEED to get this curse. I will be the savior to this world.
Thank you gods of the tides and sky for creating this world, me, and everything else. I know I must exist for this one moment

5 feet away

0 feet

I TOUCHED THE CURSE. THE RIPPLES IN THE AIR CONVULSES AND CONVERGES INTO A SHOCKWAVE, KILLING EVERYTHING IN THIS UNIVERSE, SEEMINGLY DISPELLING THE GLOOMY AND EVIL AURA AROUND THE ENTIRE DARK SEA, FOR A MOMENT. THEN I FEEL IT ALL THOSE EMOTIONS, BLISS AND COMFORT AND DISCOMFORT AND ANNOYANCE AND GLEE AND JOY AND SADNESS AND AND EXCITEMENT AND DISAPPOINTMENT AND HATRED AND LOVE AND DISGUST AND EVERYTHING; I FEEL ALL OF THEM RUSH THROUGH MY MIND AT ONCE. THE OCEAN MERGES WITH THE EARTH AND I AM THE ONLY BEING ALIVE IN THIS PLANET. THERE IS NOTHING LEFT HERE, HUMANS, GODS, ANIMALS, THOUGHT, NOTHING. ALL THERE IS LEFT IS AN ENDLESS OCEAN FOR ME TO WANDER FOR ALL OF ETERNITY, STUCK IN LIMBO UNTILL THERE IS NOT EVEN ME LEFT. MY BODY DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE, INFACT, IT HAS NEVER EXISTED. THE OCEAN IS GREY AND THERE IS NO SKY, THERE IS NOTHING, THERE IS NOTHING, THERE IS NOTHING , THERE IS NOTHING, THERE IS NOTHING, THERE IS…

Then everything turns to white

I awaken to the sight of birds circling above my head…

What happened?
I feel so tired yet energized at once, the madness that was plaguing my soul has dispersed. It almost feels like a massive weight has been taken off my body

Actually scratch all of that, first of all-

“Where am I?”

Crimson Note:

This is my first volume in the “Memories of Arcane” Series!
I hope to make this a long lasting series. For those who don’t really get it, This series is a “fanfiction”, detailing the PoV of some of the uncovered moments in the series. I hope to do way more in the future so look out for that if your interested

This Memories Soundtrack is:

The Sea Where One’s Home Planet Reflects

OMORI OST - 144 Come and See

OMORI OST - 146 Friendsssssss.

A “soundtrack” Is music I would say that fits the “Memory” best, when it should play? Up to you to decide.

6 Likes

ayoooooo

morden?

I need to get back to writing.

1 Like