Merchantry And Economy Expansion

effort 4.9 20 quality 4.578947368421052 19 reasonability 4.052631578947368 19

This suggestion aims to expand trading merchandises and world economy by adding and giving existing features related to it with more depth. This also aims to give better galleon earning through NPC economy considering at the moment, people heavily relies on player marketplace to earn galleons by selling items especially boss items and exotic scrolls.

Season Cycle

• There would now be a global season indicator throughout all the servers. The seasons change every 24/48 hours at a fixed time such as 1/2/3…AM/PM EST. The seasons will cycle according to real life seasons being spring, summer, fall, winter.

• Summer, fall and winter will have 48 hours meanwhile spring would only have 24 hours.

• There are some islands, towns and kingdoms that are an exception to this cycle due to extreme environment situations. These include Frostmill, Whitesummit, Forest of Cernunno, Mount Othrys, Akursius Keep, Sky Islands, Blasted Rock, Sameria, and future islands with extreme environments.

• Seasons would include visual and temperature change to islands that aren’t exempted from the season cycle. Such as fall turning grass and leaves to yellowish orange, orange, and red with temperature being slightly cold, winter turning grass and leaves to white with temperature being cold, spring turning everything back to normal greenery along with the temperature, then summer increasing only the temperature to hot.

• Seasons would not prevent wilderness item spawning such as herbs, coconuts and so on.

• The purpose of seasons is to create a demand feature for towns and kingdoms.

Demand Feature

• Due to the seasons changing, some food, clothing and items are demanded by towns and kingdom. Those that are exempted from the season cycle will permanently have a demand. Demand increases the value of what is being sold. This include cargos and items being sold to npc shops.

• Would not change the value of the item in the description when hovering your cursor on it in the inventory, just that it would give the bonus value when checking them in npc shops.

• The following demands are for those aren’t exempted from the season cycle:
    Spring: All edible fruits that aren’t sold in npc shops, seasonings, and herbs.
    Summer: Tropical Shirt, Siren Shirt, Samerian Ice, Smoothie, Amphibious Bloom, Snowstone, Arctic Crystal, Everice, and future light clothing or cold items.
    Fall: Leather armors that aren’t sold in npc shops, Hunting Set, Deluxe Hunting Set, Archer Set, Warrior Set, Samurai Set, Greenwish Cultist, Flower Dress Set, Fancy Set, Mercenary Set, Waist Lantern, Wheat, All Herbs, Horizon Rosemary, Sun Caraway, Pumpkins, Sky Pumpkins, Tomato, Sandflower, and Coal.
    Winter: Ravenna Ensign Armor Set, Wizard Set, Wind-Row Wolves Set, Steel Armor Set, Sunken Iron Set, Sunken Warrior Set, Deluxe Iron Armor Set, Samurai Set, Ravenna Centurion Set, Sorcerer Set, Titanium Armor Set, Archmancer Set, Arcanium Armor Set, Oracle Armor and Robes Set, Alitheia Set, Vatrachos Set, Theurgist Set, Aureus Set, Dark Bronze Armor Set, Atlantean Set, Ravenna Noble Set, Lion of Ravenna Set, Ravenna Fallen King Set, Waste Lantern, All Herbs, Wheat, Horizon Rosemary, Sun Caraway, Pumpkins, Sky Pumpkins, Tomato, Sandflower, Coal, Scorched Metal Shard, Skyfire Blooms, Magmatic Stone, Volcanic Crystal, All edible fruits that aren’t sold in npc shops, and future heavy clothing or hot items.

• Each season will increase the value of included items being sold by the following:
    Spring: +20%
    Summer: +50%
    Fall: +25%
    Winter: +50%

• As previously stated, towns and kingdoms exempted from the season cycle will have a permanent demand for few specific items only. In return, they would give a buff to cargos when sold to other islands affected by the season cycle except sky island towns and kingdoms.

• Frostmill, Whitesummit, and Future Extreme Cold Towns/Kingdoms: Wind-Row Rolves Set, Fur Hood, Magmatic Stone, Volcanic Crystal, Sky Fire Blooms and future fur clothing or hot items will gain +25% value when sold.

• Sameria and Future Extreme Hot Towns/Kingdoms: Tropical Shirt, Siren Shirt, Snowstone, Arctic Crystal, Everice, and future really light clothing and cold items will gain +25% value when sold.

• Cirrus Village and Future Sky Island Towns/Kingdoms: All normal variants of food/herbs/mushroom/vegetables that aren’t sold in npc shops, gems, and jewels will gain +20% value when sold.

Cargo Trading Changes

• Holding “E” next to a cargo giver will change the prompt name from small (25G), default (50G), large (100G) cargo all of which costs/sells for different prices and experience. This option is only for positive renown players to give more incentives than negative renown players, giving them the option to go for low-low, mid-mid, and high-high risk and reward. Negative renown players will only be able to steal default cargos.

• Players are now given the option to place the carried cargos into the storage by holding the “Q” button next to it. The “E” button will be left untouched as it is for checking the storage of the ship. This option will also be available for sealed chests.

• This is added for QoL reasons, rather than requiring the player to teleport between seas first to store the cargos in the storage, it is better to just add the option for players to place them in the storage directly.

• The range of shipwrights will now be increased due to not being a sufficient range to players unloading if more than three players are attempting to sell or parked in the desired town or kingdom.

• Towns and kingdoms with extreme environments such as extreme hot for Sameria and extreme cold for Frostmill/Whitesummit will give 50% increase of value when sold during certain seasons or towns and kingdoms. For example Sameria cargo being sold to Frostmill or Sameria cargo being sold to Ravenna during winter season will gain an increase in value.

More Effects Of Thriving Or Ruined Island Status

• The island’s status would now also affect the cargos they hold.

• The situation would simply become the opposite between the postive and negative renown players. Instead of the negative renown players getting a reduced value when stealing cargos then in a ruined island status, they would gain 100% of the value while positive renown players would gain the reduced value when selling. If the island has a thriving status, then it would simply become the normal situation where positive renown players gain 100% of the value wen selling while negative renown players gains back their reduced value.

• During an island with a ruined status, positive renown players would still need to buy the cargos rather than stealing them as well. They would only gain reduced value when selling due to the cargo coming from a ruined island status, making it seem like they’re “damaged” or “low quality” that other islands wouldn’t want. Negative renown players only gain 100% of the value when sold due to the reason they took all the “high quality” cargo, leaving the low quality ones for positive renown players.

• If the island status is ruined, negative renown players would gain +15% value when selling items and cargos to that island. It’s their way of “threatening” vendors to buy their goods at an overpriced value.

• This would give postive and negative renown more incentives to compete for PvE albeit not physically and directly like PvP.

Travellers Bartering

• Travellers, or also called deckhands when recruited, are now given the option for players to barter with them.

• Travellers will have 5 items on hand all of which randomizes from common to legendary. All items has a chance to show up meaning it is possible to get an acrimony or lost spells/magic and so on.

• For balancing reasons, the following are the chances for a rarity to show up:
    Common: 70%
    Uncommon: 25%
    Rare: 3.5%
    Exotic: 1.2%
    Legendary: 0.3%

• For balancing reasons again, the items that the travellers have will only be one stack. Meaning the items can only be bought once and wait for the travellers to change again.

• When bartering, the traveller will require one randomized item of 1-50 stacks in a range of one rarity in order to barter. For example an exotic item will have the Traveller to require a randomized legendary or rare in order for the player to barter. On the case of common items, it will either be common or uncommon. On the case of legendary items, it will require two different exotic items of 1-10 stacks.

• This gives people more reason to keep their items rather than selling them immediately to npc shops.

• This also gives travellers more of a reason to interact with even after obtaining the desired deckhands by players. Currently, they’re just ignored after getting four deckhands, all of which being maxed.

Festivals

• Every 60 days, one festival on a randomized list will occur on a town or kingdom. Currently, only Redwake has a festival being the “Sharkara”.

• Four days before the festival, all items and cargos sold to the aforementioned town or kingdom, in this case the Sharkara in Redwake, will gain +75% increase in value when being sold, this is due to preparations for the festival.

• During the day of the festival, the town or kingdom will be decorated in festive-theme appropriate to what is being celebrated and the island status will be permanently turned to thriving for one day, regardless of what either alignment does to the town or kingdom.

• If the event has new content such as the games included in the Sharkara when explained by Redwake citizens, then it can simply be added in the festival day.

• Npc shops during the day of the festival will gain 3x shop balance to signify the importance and preparation for the festival, meaning if currently the shop balance are 20K+, then it will become 60K+ for players to bulk sell a ton of their stuff. The season demand during the day of the festival would still apply, that is if the town or kingdom isn’t exempted from the season cycle.

End Note
There’s still more but most of the ideas left are related to planned features which only gave a few bit of information. So for now, I’ll only include the suggestions given above.

4 Likes

I… Don’t get it.
I like the bartering tho

Would be pretty cool if added I guess.

uh better than dirt i guess

This is extremely well thought out. If vetex ever decides to revamp the economy you will probably be the #1 suggestion on his list (hope it happens)

1 Like

Uuuuuuuhhhhh…

Hats off for the effort I guess??? This is a pretty large revamp to happen all at once, though.

Not bad Not bad

b-but why???

yeah ok i really like this one

Sounds cool

I don’t really see what this is trying to accomplish. I guarentee the vast majority of this would almost never be utilized by the average player

nah cuz when we gonna get magic weather events

I would suggest putting a small synopsis at the top of each section to make it a bit more understandable; putting everything in point form where each point is either an explanation, a clarification/more in depth explanation of an edge case, or explaining why the thing exists makes it harder to understand.

I like the season changes and the bartering changes; anything that affects exploration. However, anything related to galleons seems questionable since the current system of galleons has a little bit of inflation.

The cargo changes are a prime example of this. While the changes aren’t bad, I don’t think they’re enough to make cargo actually fun.

Too many good stuff, I nead a resume :blush:

1 Like

This will go well with the Town/Kingdom Alignment, Interactions, and Rewards and it just so well explained

1 Like

I’d also like to add another thing to this:

Make it so that NPC merchants sell a more varied and unique variety of items, depending on the island/location. Currently, most NPC shopkeepers usually sell the same stuff with very small variations (e.g. food vendors selling only apples and mushrooms and armorers selling only the leather and iron sets). Merchants, both in towns and on merchant ships, should sell a wider variety of goods, or at least sell different items than other islands, like with the food vender in Cirrus Town who sells sky fruits and cloudshrooms.

Here are some examples:

• Food vendors at Ravenna can sell tomatoes and wheat
  • Armorers selling stronger armor variants as you travel to different islands to progress the story
  • Tailors selling different kinds of vanity clothing unique to the island they are on
  • Ship merchants selling more than three goods at once
  • Fishmongers selling common fish varieties and more types of fishing rods
1 Like

this is really good but pretty damn large

good idea, but a lot of text, i cant read

1 Like

Holy shit, you did it.

Only gripe/question I can think of is why Spring’s only 24 hours while every other season is 48.

basically just throwing dirt at boutny players

Don’t get me wrong, this is a really cool idea, but it might be a tad complex for the type of game ao is and the platform it’s on. I really like the idea of festivals though :]