Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

but they don’t plunder boats, they plunder entire countries

We missed the opportunity for shield walls. ;-;

I mean rome did use spears…
we all know Ravenna is based off of Rome right

that’s literally one of the most efficient battle strategies from that time period
but why do we get a ravenna greataxe and greatsword instead ;-;
(it’s because calvus is stupid, isn’t it?)

Realistically everyone irl used spears unless they were rich and well trained. Spears were just easier and cheaper to make, and easier to give to a group of inexperienced soldiers.

… Because these not-Italians are more Navy focused, not army focused… It makes sense, but I hate it.

Nobody ever seems to remember that footmen usually formed lines with their pikes at the front of the army so that they could impale their enemies with the initial charge.

Spears are just the better pointy sticks.

spears would still be pretty good for a navy though, if you’re doing close quarters combat
having distance between your opponent is pretty important

We do have to consider though that perhaps defensive formations are less effective when your enemies can shoot fire out of their fingertips.

it would still be more effective compared to just a bunch of goobers with round shields and short swords

1 Like

This is true.

It’s like introducing WWI artillery to medieval warfare. Throws things completely out of wack.

1 Like

also, if you train them all to learn the redirect skill, then you can just create a complete zone of invincibility
then you can still just give them big sticks and boom, defensive formation which also has offence

Personally, if we get a bronze spear variant…

I want it to be a pilum, and I want it to have significantly reduced throw skill cooldowns(joke(maybe(probably?(I actually want this)))).

why not just remove limb loss, vertex

also i think the chance of limbs being lost should scale based on how much investment into strength you have, for example if you have 100% in strength it would give you the 80% resistance and 50% investment gives the 40% resistance, but a 60% investment gets you 48% resistance instead

this helps for the builds that are hybrids or savants but put focus on strength still, where losing strength options would still be a huge detriment

also yeah give weapon stat the same scaling, total strength investment and weapon investment percentage times 0.8 gives total resistance for example

1 Like

Strength have:

• Higher chance of escaping Whirlpools
  • Fewer chance for getting limbloss

but we all know, that we need… Higher speed for rowboat depending on strength

Because vetex needs his immersion features that annoy players

To be fair, we did get running without using stamina, so there is a chance that limb loss will get heavily nerfed or removed.

Probably not removed, there is a surprisingly high amount of detail put into limb loss for some reason. Off the top of my head I can count 5 unique things about limb loss that doesn’t happen anywhere else, so I think it’s going to stay. Whether or not it will be as annoying may change.

Isn’t it kinda bothersome for y’all that vitality builds are getting 1 spirit weapon with only 1 rite and maybe 2 more?

1 Like

Also isn’t limb loss just a temporary replacement for the injury system? Honestly I would much rather take a hip injury over losing the ability to use weapons