Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

New weap name drop! Keraxe Broadsword and Shield (I think its supposed to be Keraxe Shield)

1 Like

no you have to make it 2 seperate animations, and the way animations work on roblox is pretty terrible and clunky

there are tools like moon animator that make it easier but itd still mean every skill would be forced to have a mirrored version made and itd be bad

at this point vetex should just fuck it, hire 1 or 2 people and start making AO in unity, pull a unturned

1 Like

I meanā€¦ Honestly? AO is definitely the sort of thing that will only continue to be limited by using the Roblox engine. I can see something like that happenin.

Still, I imagine Vetex will try to push through this game first. Making it this far in development and then just tossing it aside to make it all again in a different engine would kill his drive.

Maybe the next game, released in 2040, will be in Unity.

and it wouldnā€™t be Vetex devving it considering heā€™s gonna quit devving after AO to become an Author

Wait, actually? Damn, good on him.

That was what I defaulted to when gamedev didnā€™t really work out for me(not that Iā€™ve been much good at that, either).

Yeah, he plans on making AO a book series or something. Maybe AA too. Thats why heā€™s think of changing Durza and Alaleaā€™s name on lore doc, cause those were already from an existing book series

Happy to hear it. Booksā€™ll be a better medium for him to write stories thanā€¦ Well, Roblox.

6 Likes

One time I had to deal with an earth conjurer what used muskets with auto-aim and a mace (he canā€™t miss)

I mean he said heā€™d be working on this for 7 years and then retire from game development
but yeah I donā€™t really view AO as a roblox game anyway

wait what.
Weā€™re getting not 1, not 2, but 3 new weapons in this update?!
Iā€™m telling you, knights are really eating here
-weaponn skill changing
-spirit imbue
-3 new weapons
-spirit weapon
dang this is gonna be weird

They could just be reskins though

still though

ngl, games like AO, Decaying winter and Lore game could be their very own game in unity and have success

The Keraxe Broadsword sounds like a Strength Weap. But it might just have the bigger versions of the og skills lol

Nah, you gotta remember, these are vikings weā€™re talking about here.

Itā€™ll prolly look somethin like this beauty:

tbh, I expected a greataxe instead of a broadsword
but then again, vetex is just kinda adding weapons he think would fit, and not really looking at accurate weaponry from the time the kingdoms are based on

Less greataxe and more war axe. Something light enough to swing with one hand but with a hefty enough head to cleave into someoneā€™s skull.

These are vikings weā€™re talking about here. The original pirates. Theyā€™re not about to board an enemy boat with something as heavy as a greataxe over their shoulder(though it would be cool to see).

yeah same

mhm

also vetex should add a ravenna spear or something like that
why have a war shield but no spear to accompany it? itā€™s feeling lonely