Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

I’ve been wondering, cause some of the wording has been confusing.

Do we HAVE to have a spirit weapon to imbue spirit energy into something, or is it just that using a spirit weapon to imbue will give the effects of that spirit weapon in addition to the imbue?

you don’t need a spirit weapon equipped to get spirit imbues, it just won’t have any elements attached- just the sidestep of the vitality damage reduction and the built in drawback

You can either imbue spirit naturally or you can imbue it through a spirit weapon. Imbuing naturally just gives the size buff while imbuing through a weapon will cause it to gain additional effects and synergies

Gotcha, thanks, you two.

And before you ask, no, there is no reason to not imbue weapons through a spirit weapon. Well, except for like negative synergies

Wait, I just had a random thought-

Since Warden got changed to Oracle, I feel like the name “Paladin” for Magic/Spirit no longer works as well as it used to…

Originally, the name “Paladin” seems to mean Tank + Magic, so the name made sense for a while imo, but since the main Vit class now has a different name that is more connected to the holy nature of using Spirit Weapons, Paladin doesnt feel right…

I guess it might be because Paladin has this unique Awakening for the player, and how it uses both Magic and Spirit Energy, which are two opposing energies in the lore, which makes me feel that the name shouldnt just be… “Paladin”. Id imagine someone who uses both are EXTREMELY rare itself.

Like, a better name might be “Diviner” or something, idk.

1 Like

i once again pitch cleric as the replacement name

People mostly assume that as some kind of healer, so it might not fit

tbf we might see healing spells on spirit weapons in the future, but more importantly clerics aren’t necessarily entirely healing

Given that most people can’t naturally use Spirit Energy, can we imbue it into stuff without Spirit Weapons involved as a part of our likely-demigod heritage?

Monk when

Yes.

That’s why the generic spirit imbue exists, also elkrix

Im… not entirely sure about Monk.

Then again, maybe Im biased about “Diviner”. It sounds cool.

Honestly, now I’m wondering if we’ll ever meet any other targets of the OoA, or if NPCs in the future will have an incredibly small chance of having Ekrix and the special Spirit Colors.

1/2000 chance

I doubt npcs will ever be coded to utilize reflexs, though I could see vitality hybrids having the corresponding color to their alignment

Also, my impression on MC using Spirit Energy without Spirit Weap, I think they can only do it partially through imbue, rather than on its own. Thats why Oracle Class purely rely on Spirit Weapons in the first place. Unless some Awakening mitigates that…

Think of it like Curse Inheritance. They can only use the Curse partially and inbue it through their magic, as shown by Calvus. But they cant use it on its own.

I feel like being able to use Spirit Energy by itself as an awakening would be another 4th-Weapon situation. People would either dog on it or act like it’s the holy grail.

My personal bet on what the first Oracle awakening will be is getting longer-lasting effects your Spirit Weapon statuses, like how Warriors get bigger and stronger weapon skills. I could see the Incoming Damage reduction be a second awakening, since it’d be useful for a tank-based stat build.

2 Likes