Mistral Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

I’m worried for the warrior mains

This new patch note is peak

Thank you vetex god bless

9 Likes

To summerize:

• Ekrix’s visuals were reworked to match updated Spirit Energy visuals
  • Vitality users will have 3 color options-
    • Bright Blue (What we have right now) for those who chose merciful
    • Purple for those who choose Merciless
    • Deep Blue variant is for NPCs atm and isn’t currently obtainable.
  • Spirit Wep skills are called rites, as spirit wep users are using objects blessed by the gods. They are based off whatever power the gods who blessed them have.
  • Spirit Weps will have 5 rites in total it seems-
    • 3 basic Rites, which can be taken off and swapped around like Wep Skills
    • 2 exclusive Rites that are stuck and specific to that Spirit Wep
  • Spirit Weps function as follows-
    • Take small amounts of HP - the fabled built in drawback - and NRG - which answers the NRG bar question - to use attacks.
      • The built in drawback was used to help offset the innate large HP and HP regen Vitality users have. And to also make it where Rites wouldn’t be low dmging because of those two factors.
      • The built in drawback is not as much as Drawback the stat - which was to be expected - and shouldn’t really pose too much of a problem.

Edit:

• Rites have a slight color addition to them based on the aura of the god who blessed the Spirit Wep.
    • Some higher lvl Rites have Elemental effects to them.
    • Exotic and Legendary tier Spirit Weps will have a more prominent, “God Aura” to them. And likely bring more to the table for Elemental effect Rites that may have environmental effects. What those effects will be we’ll have to see.

Very nice stuff, and it answers the NRG bar question for Vitality users. Whether Oracle will have something unique in place or change towards NRG bar remains to be seen.

Since we’ll be stuck with 100 NRG, which isn’t too much of a problem given existing NRG bar scaling in place.

Built in drawback is a bit much simpler than what we thought back then. Thought there’d be a “More HP drained = slightly bigger dmg” with it. But it not doing that is fine as well.

Vitality content yay

Much to see and anticipate, looking forward to that Deep Blue Vitality color in the future.

9 Likes

Astropos = Lightning Bolt
Astrapikis = Lightning

Eagle Patrimony is pretty much confirmed Zeus, tho with Vetex mentioning other gods there might be spirit weapons themed around other natural phenomena yay

Hadean Spirit Weapons exclusive only for merciless players (if Hades is still canon that is)

He’s a Greek god, yeah he’s canon

I heard he’s the big bad from AA, basically possessing Durza for some reason. Don’t know if that is still relevant

Less so on possessing Durza, and more-so largely nudging/directing him into a specific direction.

I feel like poiseidon wouldve made a fuck-ton of a spirit weapons for the cursebeard pirates to make them even stronger than they are already, so like in theory there should still be some recently made spirit weapons in the seven seas right?

I doubt they would leave those lying around to be found and used by others though…

Interesting…

There is a non-zero possibility we might learn that technique to destroy curses, which might be useful in our fight against the Aesir in the future

well seeing as like as the cursebeard pirates died with their spirit weapons if they had any and they probably got blown across the world by durzas big boom + Chaos, theres like a 5% chance one ended up near the war seas

or we could just request Orb-Poseidon for a spirit weapon at the altar, or maybe one is going to hang around inside the temple

Also, Im kinda curious… since AO MC by default has a “pure good” soul color, and theres one Samerian Royal Guard who’s an Oracle, I wonder whatll happen when they find out MC killed King Calvus, and Khalida realizes something’s up as even though MC literally killed a king, she sees that MC’s soul is still “pure” in the sense that its literally bright blue? This might only apply in Merciful route so idk

I actually have this as an art idea rn, but Im thinking of waiting till release…

Since spirit weapon/energy users are rare to begin with and a pure good person in the War Seas is even rarer, there is a good chance Khalida has never seen a person with a pure good soul color. So, it could make her go “ay, wtf?” instead of realizing you have a pure soul.

Yeah, thats true too, and maybe that catches her interest as she would know it would appear purple somehow if MC was bad (so Ruthless people would have it more rough lmao)

Also… is this why the Order of Aesir is associated with purple…?

1 Like

if we ever fight Khalida, maybe her dialouge would be affected because of our soul color

If we have a pure soul, she’d go “ay, wtf is that?” and attack us since she cant get a good read on our soul

If we have a neutral soul, she’d go “eh, you’re still a threat, die!” and attack us for what ever reason we are fighting for

If we have a evil soul, she’d go “you’re a monster! DIE!” and be incredibly hostile.

Neutral soul isnt actually available for the player rn (though, note that Vetex said YET)

Only NPCs have deep blue, neutral souls, so Im guessing its the color that most people and other characters have.

Khalida’s soul might be bright blue, since her Oracle Item (her sash) has a bright blue gem on it. But idk… might just be a default color (it never said the soul color affects Oracle items)

on an unrelated note, I wonder if spirit weapons can be blessed by multiple gods and if titans have made spirit weapons :thinking:

I’m more curious as to which god blessed Khalida’s spirit weapon, any guesses?