Moral Philosophy Time :)

Why is murder bad?

2 Likes

Because they look stupid

Just look at their dumb asses

45 Likes

Depends on the context

If you just kill a random person on the street, its bad.

If you kill someone cuz its funny… Then you’re in the clear.

6 Likes

because yes

asnwer: because murder is socially unacceptable in recent years.

(Without Any Sort of Context)
Because you ended a person. A perfectly good human being just gone, and they weren’t even in control of it.

I’m not asking if its bad (because it obviously is). I’m just asking why?

Why does it being socially unacceptable make it bad?

Why is that bad?

because ending a life of someone

the victim has no control over the perpetrator that caused their death

ážµ
doesn’t take much time to know why it’s bad

That’s what murder is.

I’m asking why that is morally bad.

You see, it all comes down to reason.

If you murder someone for no reason, then its bad because they might’ve been on their way to eat some nuggies and you denied them the experience.

On the other hand… If you kill someone because they have nuggies and you want them, then it’s totally cool cuz you have nuggies now.

Morals 101 with Robin

2 Likes

give me a minute to research this

morals do not require research, they require gut instinct.

I am getting owned by a seasoned writer

yes

Cause humans are social animals and we naturally create communities to support each other, thus keeping cohesion of the community is favorable for the survival of everybody. If you don’t see murder (without a very reasonable cause) as bad, the people in the community can’t trust each other and they would just fall apart.

3 Likes

I say that nuggies are a very reasonable cause for homocide

5 Likes

They are the lifeblood of society :nod:

1 Like

in the word: murder.
Murder is the killing of another human being without rhyme or reason. Murder is by definition the unlawful killing of a human being according to the law of the country you reside in.

BUT, the heart of the matter lies not in legality; rather it resides in the action of killing an other human being, usually on purpose.
Killing another human being is what most think murder is.

Why it’s wrong? There are a heap of reasons as to why murder is morally incorrect:

• Society is based on trusting each other enough that we can collaborate and work together. If killing is prevalent enough, society breaks down and that makes our lives collectively much more difficult.

• It causes grief to people around the victim and the killer. Killing someone doesn’t only hurt the victim, it hurts many more people too.

• It is irreversible. If you kill someone, you cannot un-kill them, and there are no reparations you can do that can make up for it. You can only be killed once. Killing being irreversible makes it an ultimate decision. It does not make it wrong in and of itself, but it does really highlight the importance and the weight of the decision to kill or not to kill.

I can think of a myriad of other reasons and beliefs but no because wall of text.

TL;DR: read the post idiot

1 Like

Why is hurting people morally bad?

Why does that make it bad.

These are probably the best possible responses. However, they focus on sociology more than inherent morality. If you commit an act that only causes others harm, but doesn’t cause society to crumble, why is it bad? I am of the belief that there is no answer, other than “because it’s bad”. Morality is inherently subjective. Thus, most moral questions will not have a definitive answer (except sociological answers or subjective opinions).

fuck it I’m outta here

3 Likes

There is no objective “bad” in murder

It’s just that humans are hardwired to be empathetic and the thought of murdering someone you feel empathetic in any substantial amount towards makes you feel indirectly hurt.

If you don’t feel empathetic towards someone at all and you kill that person it’s still usually bad even from a utilitarian perspective since you’re now in jail. If you didn’t get caught, it depends on how much that murder actually helped society or yourself progress.

If you don’t feel empathy entirely and are a psychopath then you do in fact see nothing bad in murder.

6 Likes