Morden's new cannon design

No way morden is back and he is happy (for once) this is his new design I really hope you love it!

17 Likes

Morden, the man himself, the god of death, lord of the unliving, curse stealer, curse thief, and the dark knight of the morbis of gotham

Simply amazing, what a wonderful piece.

The emotions, just spot on. His expression of happiness, excitement, and bewilderment as he begins his arcane odyssey into the dark sea for the death curse to take it away from the hands of Ravenna. You could just feel his determination to reach his goal in this drawing and I commend you for capturing his expression so wonderfully.

The atmosphere, with the scribbled lines to indicate the dark sea he’s going into. The dark sea spawns despair, hopelessness, and melancholy. The way you rendered the lighting is great. The entire drawing is covered in the darkness of the sea except for morden, since he’s the main focus of the image, it makes sense that he’s going to have more lighting on him since it makes him stand out in contrast to the darkness around him. I congratulate you for implementing a strong lighting scenario into your drawing, it can be really hard to capture atmosphere if lighting is done wrong, so great job.

Lastly, the vassel that is the cardboard box, and the white eye under him (I’m assuming that’s what it is). It’s rather simple, but it gets the job done right. In the story, Morden uses a sailboat to get into the dark sea, though you making it into a cardboard honestly adds to his feat of traveling into the dark sea. The change honestly does embody the journey quite well, so good job on that.

Wonderful work Grotten, keep it up I hope to see more of your wonderful drawings with amazing story-telling!

2 Likes

this scares me

OP, were you on something when you made this?

1 Like

nothing but the truth, the truth on what morden truly is.

So this is how morden got off the island after giving his only boat to you

why tf does this make me feel sad

Morden, buddy, how in blazes did you put on a hundred pounds that quickly?

its because it’s beauty is way too much!

bumping this up for folks that want a break from siren art

1 Like

astonishing
beautiful
so true
canon
all of the above

1 Like

This arcane odyessy is truly set in a world of magic.

every day i get reminded by this amazing piece

1 Like

im about to commit a horrific crime