Morock's true strength?

Continuing the discussion from Dark Sea lore thread:

I’m going to say what I believe to be fact based on conversations with Tech from years ago that may or may not be true now. Take this for what you will.

Morock very rarely used his Promethean Fire Curse directly, in fear of it warping his personality too much and turning him into a mindless murderer. But even with this caution, he became overwhelmingly bloodthirsty and murderous whenever he used the curse; a testament to the mind-molding effects a Grand Fire Curse has, especially the strongest of them.

So yes, Morock was weak with the Promethean Fire Curse relative to its full potential. He did find a loophole, however. If he imbued his Promethean Fire Curse into his arcanium greatsword, using it wouldn’t affect his psyche, allowing him to freely wield a fraction of the curse’s power in combat.

He most commonly used his sword and his Fire Magic, which rivaled Theos’ Fire Magic in power (if I remember correctly). So saying that Morock isn’t skilled is just plain wrong, he was a super-talented man and Prometheus chose him for a reason.

Morock was powerful enough to slaughter Arthur the Cursebeard, but procrastinated because he preferred antagonizing the Arcane Government, possibly seeing it as a more worthy enemy. In his final battle, he wiped out the AG’s entire Golden Armada, which all combined is more powerful than the Solstice (if you know what that is). In fact, the Solstice was built for the sole purpose of compensating for the immense wound in the AG’s power that Morock left behind.

Also, it was said that Morock decapitated tens of thousands of people with his sword. That doesn’t include deaths by his Promethean Fire Curse, his Fire Magic, or other methods of killing with the sword such as impalement. Tens of thousands of beheadings alone. That should give you some idea as to how many fights Morock has had. He might have the most battle experience out of any arcane character ever.

(@spongjy Pinging you also since you were in the conversation I’m replying to. Let me know if this annoys you, I know it’s been nearly a month since you had that talk but I wanted to share my piece)

“morock would get no diffed by durza”
he doesnt know what happens when you stop imbuing it into a sword and start insanitymaxxing

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think anyone could really fully 1v1 Morock other than Retconned Torren and a very lucky Freedrock

I can see some contenders against Morock with Warren and Wotan, but specifically in the Seven Seas, don’t think he has much competition (his biggest opp is radiated ocean water)

1 Like

Hello chat I am here as local representative of Morockism to say Morock Creed has a fair chance to kill Cursebeard as said by tech (and vetex said cursebeard is literally the strongest character so uhm…)
hes not guaranteed to win but he has a good chance to