Most atlantean weapons are bad compared to other weapons of the same type as them (spoilers?)

Spoilers for if somehow none of you people have gotten a singular Atlantean weapon from this update, but I’m not gonna do much more because most of anyone seeing this has probably seen them already.

6 / 9 of the new atlantean weapons added this update are just reskin versions of their normal weapon counterparts with skills only available for warriors, and its weird that they are also uncommon with average quality (three weapon skills) while three of them are rare with good quality (five weapon skills).

Not to mention this also hurts half of them pretty hard as well, for example:

• Atlantean Spear - has the same skills as noble thunderspear at the same weapon level requirement as triasta of bronze for… less overall skills and nothing that makes it unique from them.

• Atlantean Bow - worse version of stormcaller (siren bow has a similar problem but its more unique for reasons I’ll explain later)

• Atlantean Cutlass - just a reskin of normal cutlass (which is already just a reskin in itself) with the skills at warrior cost while sunken exists

• Atlantean Claws - they are just a drip version of silent blades (which while it doesn’t hurt it right now, will end up being bad later on when we get more skills since silent blades have good quality which lets them get every skill)

• Atlantean Shield - Shields are already pretty shit weapons cuz their skills are ass, but this one also is uncommon with less durability than the ravenna war shield so now its just extra shit

• Atlantean Rapier - This one is the only one that doesn’t have any of the problems because, despite it still being a reskin, it doesn’t have any other weapon in the same class which does the same thing but better.

If you haven’t gotten my point by now, I’m saying these weapons are bad because they’re just not unique. They have no differences to any weapons in their class other than the fact that they are just more difficult to get and are only usable by warriors as of currently.

Meanwhile, lets look at the three I haven’t mentioned yet:

• Atlantean Mace - While still bad because the main weapon is a mace, this weapon is good quality by default and at the very least HAS a unique effect which is the first of its type (being a weapon with an effect not given by any current magics)

• Atlantean Greatsword - Basically an upgraded version of ravenna greatsword with good weapon quality and guaranteed bleeding (which could combo well with another weapon that has an effect). This will probably see a lot of use later on imo.

• Scald Tooth Dagger - A pretty good alternative to PTD for warriors, doing basically the same things as it, but with a different status effect instead. this could (potentially) combo with triasta as well so I think this could have the most usage of all the atlantean weapons we have currently. (This one also has good quality meaning it gets 5 skills WHY DO ONLY 3 OF THEM HAVE THE 5 SKILLS QUALITY)

These ones are (mostly) pretty good compared to their counterparts or are at least unique in comparison in some form. It’s so weird to me that only 3 of the atlantean weapon drops are rare with good quality while the ones that would need to be the most unique aren’t, what’s even the point of that?

Changes that I think should be made

First up, make all of the uncommon atlantean weapons rare rarity and give them good weapon quality so they have all 5 skills. This should help them later on when we actually have access to more skills. If anything gets changed for them, THIS should be the change made so 5 of them can actually function (they’d have to do smth else for shield tho lol). Side note: this change should also be made for Siren bow since its also uncommon rarity for some odd reason.

Secondly, give them all something unique. This could be either a status effect or a different distribution for their attack, size, and speed multipliers. The weapons should be more unique compared to the other ones in their class. For example: Atlantean spear could have corroding on it, giving it a different use case from thunderspear and triasta.

Siren bow, which was added alongside the new weapons, was given a different distribution entirely for the damage, size and speed multipliers and was given double the range. This already makes it unique compared to stormcaller since it can reach from farther and attacks faster with more damage, but is smaller.

3 Likes

Tl:dr why tf do only 3 of the atlantean weapons have the rare rarity and good quality, they all have the same drop rates iirc. Just make all the ones that are uncommon and average quality the same rarity and quality, and then give those something unique (like a status effect or a different stat spread).

1 Like

Yeah if possible I’d like rare weapons to have unique skills

like how did this happen

why the hell would anyone use atlantean spear when two better versions of it exist :sob:

1 Like

make all of the uncommon atlantean weapons rare rarity and give them good weapon quality so they have all 5 skills.

I have the same gripe about the Ravenna Greataxe (and to a lesser extend, the Ravenna Sword). Why is the Ravenna Greataxe only an Average-Quality weapon when the Ravenna Greatsword is Good-Quality? The Greatsword is seen more by naturally-spawned Centurions, but the Greataxe is only seen equipped by Dame Caesennia. The Ravenna Sword has the small pass of being used by Ensigns, but the Greataxe is hardly seen.

i mean I think ravenna weapons can be passed under “They’re used by common NPCs that are easy to fight” but the same CANNOT be said about atlanteans when THIS SHIT exists

just tested this out, dont think it petrifies

oh rip

even then it still has burning, which does combo well with other statuses much more

honestly i just assume the further you get the more monstrous atlanteans become and probably the less sentient they are too
no way they know how to use weapons in the i5 range, any weapon you’re pulling from them was probably part of them before

I doubt that they’d know how to effectively use magic and fighting styles at that range either bro

i’ll give magic a pass because there’s magic everywhere and yadda yadda but yeah fighting styles wouldnt make much sense either unless their memories of combat are the only thing they have
which is probably the case for weapons too but whatever

1 Like

burning and bleeding work well, dont they? considering most weapons inflict bleeding, this is actually pretty good

Alr, as a Knight, I can do nothing without the shield, so let me start giving ideas. First, why shield is the only weapon with three skills? Look at ravenna war, it has Shield throw, Shield bash, and the Ultimate art: Redirect right after them. Wheres 3 and 4 skills? And what about a direct buff to atlantean piece of someone’s as we’re using as shield, just double its durability, make it rare rarity and lower its skills req

The jump to an Ultimate Art is just because Skills 3 and 4 haven’t been thought of yet.

there isn’t really any skill for 3 and 4 because there just isn’t much you can keep doing for shields as a weapon. This is also the exact same thing that all the guns have as well, since there isn’t much to do with those either.

The first 6 weapons are direct downgrades. When they’re supposed to be fucking upgrades. Absolutely NOTHING changes aside from being warrior only due to the high skill requirements. I agree with the statement that the only “slightly” better weapons are greatsword burning dagger and mace but, again high as shit level requirements for no real benefit, the only reason why they’re slightly “viable” is because of the status effects which at best might save you from a fight but at worst do nothing at all. I dont know what vetex / the balancing team (not sure who was in charge of these weapons) where thinking when they decided on the stats. Did they not check the other weapons? Seriously all of these weapons either have to be 1, toned town in skill requirements and be turned into true reskins or 2 buff they’re stats at the higher skill cost

True, and thats why weapon mains, aside knights, rarely use them. But if shields would get new skills, there would be more of those who would like wielding them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.