My Average Experience in WoM

A decent amount of people seemed interested in what I usually do in WoM. To be honest, I don’t think it’s too interesting, but here it is anyways. As usual, I’ll be splitting the post into a couple different sections, since there are a few general categories that things fall into.

Regular stuff and NPCs:
I don’t really have an aim in WoM; I just do whatever I’m interested in at the moment, and considering I’ve gotten most of the things I need for AO, such as equipment, I’ll often just be running around the map, semi-pointlessly.

Since I always have spare crowns from fighting whatever bosses I happen to encounter, or from chests/NPC kills, I’ll often stock up on fish bait, especially on my negative rep file. My practice is to buy 50 - 75 so I don’t break my finger from clicking the buy button, especially if I’m having lag issues.

Sometimes I’ll do quests for NPCs, mainly the blue ones, as they’re usually short and reward about the same as a chest. Here’s a fact: Blue quests are the best way to locate wandering shops, as they’ll be within 200m or so usually. Plans for dark wizards are fairly easy too, especially when there’s a group of three all delivering stuff to each other.

On my negative rep file, if I get bored I’ll just kill the Silent Tower guards. I aggro the ones on the stairs and base floor, lead them into the Whispering Forest to prevent a threat, and just kill them all. Threats would be nice to do, but eight captains and jail time are not interesting. Instead, I make Mino start a threat so only one captain appears, and they’ll go away once Mino dies instead of chasing me forever.

NPC combat is pretty enjoyable too, hence why I’ve got posts on them. Considering the matches are more even, compared to a lv 90 player blasting them all to death, it can be entertaining to just watch them fight, or overwhelm NPCs with a large army. I also like making NPCs complete their own kill quests sometimes.

I often talk to NPCs I pass by for no reason, sometimes just to see their personalities if it’s a negative rep. I also take photos of them, whether by just standing near them or sneaking up on them, as aggroed hostile NPCs can be hard to take pictures of them, since they jump around a lot.

I’ll fight bosses if I find them, but I won’t look for them, partially since I don’t even have a tracker. I’ll do it if some random player wants to, but on my own I don’t really care, considering their drops will be turned into Galleon items anyways.

I actually don’t intentionally look for random information in the game. That just tends to happen as I play, which is why I believe it’ll be difficult to make guides in AO. WoM hasn’t been updated in two years, but AO will have frequent updates, making it probably difficult to have free time to mess around with NPCs and other aspects of the game.

Fishing isn’t something I do often, as it gets boring quickly, and sometimes lag can cause fish to be missed more often. But sometimes I will if I’m jut talking with friends while doing so.

When I was in charge of building structures for the remake, I would measure them using approximate measures with my player character. Since then, a different person has taken over for the building aspect (and honestly, he does it a lot better than me).

Player Encounters:

• If it’s just a player who walks by without caring, or just someone I pass by that’s fishing, I won’t really do anything. I mostly ignore random people, unless they want to talk or somehow interfere with what I’m doing.
  • If they want me to fight bosses with them, I’ll accept if they aren’t busy.
  • If it’s a newer player that wants to interact, it can go a few different ways. There’s players who are just on an alt file that I might talk with, ones who ask me for crowns/items or send trades for the same reason, to which I do give them if it’s not valuable, or just people asking for advice, which I don’t mind providing.
  • There’s people who might just walk up to me to ask a random question or something of that sort before walking away, such as people asking for nearby shops.
  • Sometimes there’s people asking me to trade, and while it depends, I usually just end up declining unless I believe it’s a decent deal.
  • Other times I just get a random team request, which I honestly don’t care about most of the time.
  • If someone I know joins, I’ll often end up playing WoM with them for several hours, just doing random stuff with NPCs or boss fighting.
  • Sometimes if I have a trail of NPCs following me, a player might come by and attack them, which does get annoying, and even though I tell them to stop, they often don’t. But honestly, most of the time I don’t care too much. I’ll let the NPCs try to kill them, and if they die, I’ll just re-gather the surviving NPCs. Often it’s a low level player, so the NPCs kill them quickly. The main issue is when they get the NPCs stuck, which is a real pain.
  • If I run into a town with an ongoing threat, I’ll try to help out without causing me to be labeled as an accomplice. Soldiers are fairly easy to kill, though captains get a little irritating.
  • Honestly, for the most part, I don’t encounter people too much, especially since I choose the smallest sever most of the time.
My opinion on players looking to PvP me: (Warning: Rant.)

I have nothing against people who like to PvP. They can do their thing, and I can do mine. I won’t interfere, an on occasion I watch if I’m bored. There’s a few reasons I don’t like to PvP: I’m not very good at it, of course, but also the crown penalty upon death outside of arenas, my lack of interest in it, and occasionally time constraints if I only want to stop in WoM for a short while. Now, there’s generally two types of people who want me to PvP them, the good one and the bad.

There’s the reasonable people, who aren’t annoying at all. They just ask if they can PvP with me, to which I always decline. Sometimes this comes in the form of a random passerby who hits me a few times, but stops when I tell them to. After that I just go about my day as usual.

You know what I do hate though? The RKers, People who make me do it anyways. Seriously, I don’t have time for people’s stupid shenanigans. It’s, quite frankly, extremely irritating. It’s not only a waste of time, it’s an interruption, especially when I’m in the middle of doing something.

They’re honestly probably just a bunch of stupid bored trolls who have nothing better to do. Seriously, nobody likes them. Only thing worse would be kill aura hackers (who I haven’t seen in over a year). They’re people who hit you for no reason, which means that then you have to proceed to run away from them until they kill you, lose you, or leave you alone, the process of which usually takes at minimum ten or fifteen minutes. I have many bad encounters with these people, utter wastes of time.

Most memorable was the time I spent an entire hour running from this magma guy that probably had some sort of hack. I would get ahead of him for like five minutes and hide, and he always managed to find me somehow even when he was nowhere close. Literally kept running until I gave up and just, as I knew he wouldn’t stop that.

Next is the time this guy killed me when I was being chased by MCs, so of course I spent ten minutes sitting in jail. Then, several minutes after I got out, he somehow showed up again and killed me, along with a friend of his. We then argued for like ten more minutes, and one of them refunded me my money from dying.

Another time, a person was looking for infamy and asked me if I knew where anyone in a guild was. I told him no, and for some reason he starts hitting me. Why, I don’t know. I wasn’t even in a guild, and he seemed to only want to kill me because I didn’t have an answer. Ridiculous.

There’s plenty more cases like this, but I think you get the picture. I seriously despise RKers.

Here’s a few other things I do every once in a while:

• Mass purchase amulets and wizard set items when I find a smuggler or merchant with them
  • Make NPCs jump into the ocean to finish a quest
  • Send people sums of crowns if I hit the max
  • Idle next to NPCs if I’m busy
  • Run errands for NPCs for no reason
  • Chase civilians until they enter a different town
  • Watch as NPCs die to environmental DoT from other NPCs also chasing me (usually MC guards or scouts)
  • Try to get Mino to kill an MC Captain
1 Like

Man, can you atleast make big text on important parts of the text, this is just essay.

1 Like

Now we know where Oleg is living.

I thought he lived in the basement :frhigh:

Apologies if the formatting wasn’t done well.
I suppose I’ll see if I can do that in future posts, I do have a tendency to type essay-like posts often.

I’d imagine the rking issue and people ruining the game will be way worse in AO since you won’t be able to pick servers

You won’t!?- welp there goes infamy/fishing farming

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.