Need a little help compiling a suggestion for more news articles

So I want to put out an official suggestion for more news articles, as I find the news is often quite empty even on large servers, and expanding the criteria of event might make it more interesting.
I am not 100% that all of these don’t appear in the game, correct me where needed)

So far I’ve come up with a few:

Player Eaten by Sea Monster
Unfortunate Victim
“Spotted off the shore of [Island Name] Last night, sailors reported seeing a ship matching the description of [Ship Name], belonging to [Character Name], drifting silently along. What became of it’s captain and crew is unknown, but many attribute it to the recent sea monster sighting in the area.”

Player delivers $1000 worth of Cargo
Great profits have been made
"Just yesterday, [Character Name] pulled into the harbor at [Island Name], delivering a humongous shipment of supplies. Seafaring merchants express jealousy, with one sailor commenting “If only we got ahead of the curve we could be the ones swimming in Galleons now.”

Player delivers $1000 worth of stolen cargo
Pirates Strike again
"[Player Name], a notorious criminal has made off with thousands of galleons in merchandise. Despite the Grand Navys best efforts to track them down, they say the trail went cold, and it is likely the criminal has already sold off the goods to other criminal elements. The Navy says to be on the lookout for stolen goods that are being sold cheaply, so you are not swindled by these criminals. As for [Player Name], if you see them, steer clear and report to the Grand Navy.

NPC Bounty over $50,000 Galleons hunted
Justice is finally Delivered
"You may have noticed a particular face has dissapeared from the Bounty Boards in towns. That’s because yesterday, [Player Name] found the notorious criminal [Bounty Name] on [Island Name]. A battle ensued between the two, after which [Bounty Name] was defeated and arrested by the Grand Navy, who extend their gratitude to [Player Name].

NPC bounty over $50,000 Galleons Assassinated
A Dagger Strikes in the Dark
“In an act of cowardice, [Player Name] ambushed the great hero/Grand Navy member [NPC name & Title] on [Island Name], killing them. While their family mourns them, many find this outcome unsurprising after hearing that criminals had placed a price on the head of this great individual. The Navy announces they will be doubling efforts to find [Player Name] and bring them to justice.”

Sunken Treasure Caught
The Legends are True!
“Whilst fishing yesterday, [Player Name] caught a bizzare treasure that hummed with ancient magics. No one is quite sure how long it had lain in the water, but it has stirred the spirits of treasure hunters and fishermen alike, who now desperately attempt to find a valuable artifact of their own.”

Grand Navy Influence reports (too many variations to write here but this would remind players where the grand navys influence sits on the server)

Player Catches Valuable Fish (Exotic +)
Fisherman around the seas will be happy to tell you how full of life the ocean is, but some will be happier then most. [Player Name] recently caught a [Prefix] [Fish Name], valued at around [Fish Value]. It’s unknown if they plan to sell this valuable fish at market or keep it for themselves. One thing that is sure, this news has reinvigorated fellow fishers, who take to the seas in droves in hopes of finding some of the many wonders the seas have to offer.

So yeah, it’s not much right now and I could do with some help, I’ll be sure to credit you when I make the suggestion proper.

5 Likes

What if you uhh found a colossal squid or something

Large fish caught? Yeah I guess that could make it. That or we could just stick with rare fish instead, things that are exotic+ (and only the most valuable one caught since the last article gets featured in the newspaper)

Oh yeah what about silverhold getting taken over by a clan or the AS

I’m not sure, I’ve seen it happen so rarely that it might already be an article.

Like you said previous, I think catching fish and/or finding rare items is a great idea. So far I think you have a lot of good ideas, and I think the shark attacks add a bit of humor to the mostly just informational news outlet.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.