New Boat Section - Utility

Try reading my other similar suggestion, Cargo ships and piracy. I think it would go nice with this

Good suggestion.
My additions:

Lanterns:
A group of lights, meant to light up the nights. They would range from simple candle lamps, to oil lamps, to light or fire magic lamps. They would increase the fog distance around the ship for all of its occupants, and make the ship itself more visible to passerby’s (for better or for worse.)
Certain enchantments would boost stats, like:
Bright → Extra fog piercing.
Shady → Lessened visibility at night.

Mounted Scope:
A telescope, mounted to the ship itself. It would give the player using it the ability to zoom into the distance. They have the ability to “spot” a ship. This would alert all crew present at the ship to the location of the spotted ship, and all crew of the spotted ship to the fact that they are spotted. They also have a dynamic focus; this means that the focus, the point that all things are rendered around (normally the player) is moved to wherever you are aiming at. The limit would be the fog line.
Stats would include:

Fog piercing → A multiplier that would determine how far you can see at night. At 0%, it would have the same vision at night as your naked eye. With positive values, you can see further; with negative values, your vision is obscured. The benefits of using a lantern and the use of a scope stack. You can only spot ships if they are not obscured by fog.

Zoom → The maximum distance that you can scope. At 0.0, you cannot zoom further than the base FOV. Higher values let you see further.

Spotting duration → The length of time in which any spotted ship remains highlighted in seconds. After this time, the spot decays and the highlight is removed, unless it is refreshed by spotting it again.

Enchantments would include:
Far-sight → a boost to the zoom stat.
Night vision → a boost to the fog piercing stat.
Persistent → a boost to the spotting duration stat.

2 Likes

Cool ideas! Sadly some of them are already planned

They already have their own section

(oops)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.