New enchantment scroll: "Empty Scroll"

New enchantment scroll: "Empty Scroll" https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/6/b/6bd50afc1b5e86988b209093580312e1e99afd66.png
effort 4.125 8 quality 4.3 10 reasonability 4.0 10

Excellent Suggestion ngl

I feel like I’m going to get swords pointed at me for this, but I’d rather keep the current Tier 2 enchantment system right now; the issue with it is that it was introduced somewhat early and is exclusive to Zeus’ RNG hell. I also feel like this would actually decrease build diversity, given that it could “fix” the issue of Charged sharing the benefit of Power with the unwanted child called Intensity.

If I had to guess, most Metaheads would go for primarily Power and Defense scrolls since those are the more important gear stats.

Edit: Nevermind I’m a complete idiot

1 Like

i like the idea. it kind of removes the need to farm constantly in the dark sea which can get kind of annoying if you don’t have the right gear, since you can just combine two scrolls and get the same EP, which i highly appreciate.

it also involves a slight bit more versatility when it comes to builds, which is nice. i love versatility a lot.

Hasty is one of my favorite enchants in the game (i love being a mosquito), so getting Hasty but with STRENGTH sounds great.

at first i thought this sounded really overpowered (before i read it, i thought you were suggesting we could combine T2 enchants and i was gonna start crying), but if it’s just T1 everything should be fine.

my only question is if two T1 enchants of the same stat could be combined into a T2 enchant, and where these scrolls would be found? (if it’s the Dark Sea, that’s fine. it doesn’t remove the need to go into the dark sea like i said earlier but it’ll expand the loot table so hopefully you either get the T2 you want or an Empty Scroll so you can make one, instead of just gambling for the T2.)

It is never implied I want to remove the current system in place for exotic enchantments???
It is stated the purpose of my suggestion is to replace “hasty” and “charged” in favor of a new enchantment scroll that allows you to freely make your own mix-up enchantment scroll (with some limitations)

“my only question is if two T1 enchants of the same stat could be combined into a T2 enchant, and where these scrolls would be found?” - Empty scrolls are supposed to share the same obtainment methods as Hasty & Charged scrolls have (as it was made to be a replacement for those two in favor of a much more versatile item)

so the Dark Sea as well.

regardless, this is still a good thing imo because we just get an expanded loot table that has a higher chance of giving us the scrolls we actually want, so still a good suggestion imo

While not directly stated, It is heavily implied I meant a complete empty scroll would have the exact stats of it’s parts. That means it wouldn’t be 6.25% more efficient then Hasty and Charged are ingame (likely because they are both hyper specific stats)

I do not understand what you mean by “expanded loot table that has a higher chance of giving us the scrolls we actually want”, but sure I guess.

The “black balls” type mages can finally get their hands on “HARD AND PIERCING” gear

The innuendo build is complete

Most certainly :japanese_goblin:. I was most adamant empty scrolls wouldn’t be more efficient then tier 2 scrolls. I might update my suggestion to include something like “your second enchantment should have slightly less efficiency” to prevent this.

o h

I’m just a little stupid I swear. I’ll change the rating then, since I don’t think that this would be too bad if it’s just for Tier 1 enchants.

No pressure, everybody makes mistakes I suppose

1 Like

I mean here’s just the raw numbers:

T1 scroll: 21 EP
T2 pure scroll: 36 EP (175% of a T1)
Hasty: 38 EP (188% of a T1)
Charged: 43 EP (216% of a T1)

and if it was just the exact stats of its parts then we’re talking 200% of a T1 and you can kind of see the issue, this change requires a complete equalizing of all T2 enchants to fit 175% (returning to flat 200% is a bad idea for multiple reasons)

Oh yeah, right, I forgot exotic scrolls were also nerfed. Would have been nice now if the nerf also applied to rare scrolls

wait does that mean this suggestion still wants to keep the non hybrid T2 scrolls?

i thought this was a exotic scroll that can rip the enchant off an item and transfer it to another item aw man

Yes

That isn’t how it is supposed to work. You can merge two rare scrolls together to get both of their effects in one item (only works if both enchantments have at least one compatible target)

it was just what i understood from the title no worries

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.