New Experimental Sidebar!

As shown in the image below, the new experimental sidebar has been activated. This allows easier navigation of the forum plus allowing the end-users to pick what category’s and tags they want to show on their sidebar (accessible under their settings).

I also altered the default homepage to be Latest as it makes more sense this way, if you would like it to still be the other way around and have it be the Categories homepage, you can change that in your settings as well.

IMPORTANT EDIT: It has come to my attention that enabling this feature may put old posts in your tracked,watching lists aswell as sending you old notifications. If you clear those in your settings and dismiss all notifications it should not happen again as it was just the activation of the sidebar.

16 Likes

Not sure about changing the default homepage now to something else, i.e new, latest, or top. Users would still be able to pick what they want as their starting page in their settings.

everything is glitchy now

like the little badges keep flashing by the usernames

and I’m getting all these weird notifs from random messages

I think the sidebar has messed something up

the little badges have always flashed. and what exactly are you getting thats “weird” and “random”.

like a ton of posts I didn’t make are all under watching

and whenever I pull up the sidebar sometimes the site flashes white (though this seemingly has stopped)

or I get the same notification from a message I already read multiple times

Just dismiss everything in your notifications, fix your watching and let me know if any issues persist.

okay

Besides getting notified randomly for old topics, I like this too.
Btw do you lead azure now?

Its possible the sidebar just kind of re-activated old stuff, so it should be fine once you turn those notifs off.

1 Like

I got notified of 3 of nuclear’s posts from September of 2021

As said above it most likley just because of this new feature added, I suggest looking at your tracked,watched posts, getting rid of what you don’t want and dismissing all notifs. Hopefully you don’t get any blast of notifs from older times after that.

1 Like

when posts get split from a thread, the new thread will have the same notification settings as the original thread

for example if youre watching reminders for ao and posts get split youll be watching the new thread it creates

not really the topic for this, no.

Make it toggable imo, fine on PC but really annoying/ugly on mobile

Can you elaborate how its “ugly” on mobile?
You don’t see the sidebar on mobile unless you press the hamburger menu.

And there is no toggle option to turn this off.

Just seems like … off, doesn’t fit well with the screen

I’ll need more of a answer for me to disable this for everyone than that.

It seems fine to me:

Too used to the old one
moment I saw this I would have vomited

and I’m on mobile
I can flex my badges tho, that’s a win