NEW HALLOWEEN EVENT.. SOYY... (discussion)(insanely grindy)

The fact that you have a lot of time to complete it, does not justify the 100 pumpkins quest. Yeah, there certainly are some ways to do it fast, but bro… why should such quests ever exist?

because vetex needs his premium payout :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
to be honest though, this is practically an exploration task as you have to go out of your way to find these new, exploitable, patches of wheat and pumpkins (without it being explicitly told to you), so it would be better if it was just a quest to explore some islands or something (because you can bet that some exploiters are going to hard-farm those).

The only reason I see to make such quests is to avoid the dump of these seasonals into economy. Basically, make it so boring and long, so that people don’t make alts to farm them.

Personaly, I liked the system introduced by the first Easter event, cuz you had to turn ON your brain and think about the hints given to you.

Just mindlessly sitting and farming pumpkins seems to be way less interesting.

1 Like

honestly I would’ve liked the Easter event if the hints weren’t so obvious
like maybe make it more like the legendary chart from Arcane Adventures were the hints were that you had to think about/know a little lore

1 Like

Event shop also seems to be a good thing to me, cuz it is encourages people into playing and doesn’t dictates them what exactly to do. But some people will disagree due to them having less time to play AO, so they would like to speedrun the event in one day instead of month-long easy farm.

Unironically, I’ve seen people be clueless about where this event’s hints lead to.

Which encourages them into exploration)))

Can’t they be sold?

I don’t see a problem with the quests tbh, they encourage you to do different parts of the game and none of them are actually hard.

With a good agility build you can get around 20 pumpkins and 20 wheat in less then 8 minutes by server hopping and climbing Mount Orthys repeatedly, treasure charts are something you can just do on the side whenever you get a common one, and diving points/low level criminals are ridiculously easy.

The only one I really get is the candy for the shop, but then again you’re supposed to just get that as a side thing while you play the game, not farm it specifically (although I do think that there’s a bit of a issue with the idea that, in a event with cool limited time items, it’s not the devs fault that people are choosing to do something boring like farming calvus for 2 hours to get said items because it’s the most efficient way)
But hey, candy got buffed significantly at least

?!?!?!

Thats not good gameplay. Like someone else saod, it would’ve be better if it was just exploring islands instead.

because you get like 18 pumpkins per patch

2 Likes

Fair, the event definitely seems to be designed as a bunch of side activities you can complete by just playing the game, which is the opposite of what most people want I think

Keep in mind though they had relatively limited time to make this and it’s their first event, I’m sure ones in the future will be much better

also again this is much better than “open chests” “do random spawning quests” “fish”

The fishing quest in question:

But yeah in all seriousness it’s a lot better then stuff like that, better then the Easter events too imo

better a set number than rng

In this situation fast doesn’t means good. I have stated it before:

My problem is that I don’t see how I should get fun from doing that.

the problem is that the people are explicitly playing for the event, if it wasn’t there, they wouldn’t be playing AO but something else.
Making the event revolve around passively playing the game isn’t a good way to make it thrilling and fun (like what an event should be), and not only does the way this was implemented clog your side quests (effectively preventing actually playing the game), but it also demands each task one by one, stopping players from doing any planning at all.

I do agree that it’s much better than what we’ve had before, but this is still built around a flawed premise.

2 Likes

Idk, following the hints and using your brain to find something sounds better than walking from point A to point B and clicking on the button E.

(And I am talking about the first Easter event. Second one was too rng)

Would have been great to see a raid boss themed after the event with local pve zone around him, so that people don’t monopolize its farm. Maybe something similar to Castrum, but a bit lesser to prevent huge lags and a bunch of bugs.

catboy bikini argos