(NEW *PRE-HISTORIC* THEORY) Magical Dinosaurs?!?!?

I have been talking about aquatic dinosaurs if you had read my post at all…

then its not a dinosaur! its just a fish then!

Aquatic dinosaur is also referred to as (more correctly called) ichthyosaur. They’re still large reptilian, just like dinosaurs, but are aquatic based. Not dinosaurs exactly, but it’s easier for people to understand if I said dinosaur.

Icthyosaurs are not closely related to dinosaurs (neither are mosasaurs or plesiosaurs I think).

Also @Spider_Language I think by dinosaurs he’s just trying to refer to dinosaur-esc creatures and not phylogeneticially.

Nope, neither mosasaurs nor plesiosaurs are closely related. Their Clade is COMPLETELY different. But yes, you’re correct about my very loose term of dinosaur. If I knew I would get this much heat for it, I would have just used term “large and extinct sea reptile” lol.

Actually, when I was first drafting this, I was originally thinking just saying Mosasaur since a famous paleontologist literally called them “snake-like dragons” which fits in pretty nicely with the Keto Troias Greek myth.

DINOSAURS?!?!?!?! I HATE DINOSAURS THEYRE JUST BIG DOGS WITH ALAPECIA

the earth is flying and it has a heart so you hate our planet something the god created so u hate god too!!!

now : )

Vetex said he’s never adding magical creatures, because the lore says otherwise.

thats a lame reason to not add mythical creatures, and lore could be used to add them like say a life magic finds dna of a real minotaur in the ground and resurrects them using magic

life magic isn’t sentient lmao not to mention the fact how deep in the ground those skeletal remains that still contain the dna of those beings would be, and not to mention how torn, damaged and unusable it would be.

Not to mention the rarity of life magic

Dinosaurs are just big reptiles that died millions of years ago. I think the creature skull is vetex pet knowing vetex was part of some lore in AA :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

there could still be a chance of something like that happening, i dont want to hear tales of some mythical hydra in the future and when i show up to kill the hydra its just some weirdo in a hydra fursuit

Please, it won’t be one dude in a fursuit. It would be 7 dudes in fursuits.

2 Likes

*scary monsters

People who take it as a fact that the skull belongs to the Hydra based on something I said about what another person said about what a member of staff supposedly said should be lobotomized.

I never even said it was the Hydra.

Something that this theory touches on is the limitation of in-game lore in the face of prehistory.

In real life, the study of prehistory is a unique field with a vested interest in the study of geologic time, otherwise inscrutable from the perspective of human history. In other words, the study of prehistory implies that for whatever reason, the methodologies of historians and folk storytellers are unable to accurately represent the world they live in before they could exist and document it. This fact raises an important question for people interested in lore.

How does the presence of prehistory square up with the in-game lore? In the extended in-game universe of AA and WoM (and the intermediate titles), what we have to work with is a fragmented view of history, shaped by incredible destructive forces which has made several significant periods of human history impossible to discuss outside of myth-making. We hear of the old Gods like Prometheus and Zeus, but there is no explicit discussion of monsters, monster bones, and what magic users of the past thought of these old bones.

In the contemporary age of WoM, there are NPCs and players such as us who view the old ruins and ancient languages and attempt to decode them in a scientific manner. But what are these “dinosaurs” of old and where do they fit in the world? In the world we live in, the study of geologic time essentially discredited the old mythologies as we became more equipped to explain the processes of the world in an objective manner.

To discuss prehistory in a game with so much lore is to expose much of the underpinnings of this game to potential destruction. Is there really a possibility to describe the magic of this world without it fucking up the lore and sounding dumb? (Magical Midichlorians) Are we basically saying that magic radiation into the water, got into bones, and got slurped up by the old gods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

in a few updates we will become flying animals