New profiles must wait 20 minutes before being able to donate

Proposal

When a new profile is created, they will not be able to receive or send donations for 20 in game minutes.

Details/background on your proposal

Vetex said that, when AO releases, Twitter codes will expire faster and be worth less. This is to stop people from Twitter code farming. Currently, people can create an alt, redeem every twitter code, donate the crowns to their main account, then rejoin the game with the alt on a new profile and repeat the process. I don’t think making Twitter codes less effective will stop this practice, as even if Vetex makes it such that you can only get a few hundred crowns from twitter code farming, it will still beat all other methods of obtaining crowns.

I think Vetex should make it such that profiles that have less than 20 minutes of playtime do not have access to sending or receiving donations. This means that players will only be able to do 3 rounds of twitter codes in an hour. Other, more intentional forms of obtaining crowns will be more viable than twitter code farming.

I don’t see any downsides to this. Most people don’t have any reason to access the donations feature early in the game. They will have nearly no crowns to donate (unless they abuse twitter codes). They also will have no reason to receive crown donations, as they will be too low of a level to buy any meaningful items. If, for some reason, someone did want one of their profiles to have a lot of crowns early on, a 20 minute wait period is not that painful.

@liu close

This technically isn’t about modifying twitter codes.