NEW Theory: The Greek gods were Aliens

1. The Greek Gods who brought magic upon the world were actually aliens because:

2. They were confirmed to not actually be Gods but a race who had this power.

3. Prometheus brought this power which made the Alien (gods) angry for bringing this power which could usurp them from their control.

4. (Similar to how in the Marvel Movies, the Nordic gods were actually aliens)

5. The gods (Alien) were able to be defeated by mere men which shows they are not godlike beings.

6. The magic could be something like the Force (Star Wars) and Prometheus brought down this ability (midochlorians) to the humans. (Explains how mutations can happen since mutations are a genetic thing).

(Theorist’s Notes) I dreamt this theory and I believe this is my brain awakening me to this potential lore-building theory.

Where was it confirmed they weren’t gods? In the offical lore document they are referred to as gods.

You should also clarify this is your own person version of the lore, because otherwise it is misleading.

I don’t read documents I just read what other people who read it say and so I found this topic and worked up the ideas: https://forum.worldofmagic.dev/t/relgion-in-world-of-magic/17314/4

Then put a disclaimer that this is your personal version of lore, or make it actually related to lore. I know you’re a troll, but at least pretend to not be spreading misinformation.

That’s why I put theory in the title if you actually read and not jump to conclusions.

editing title moment

I am pretty sure the forum tells you if the title gets edited. My title has had theory on it since the beginning, just stop trying to cause drama here.

yes yes, I am the one starting drama. you’d never.
If it did, my bad. But I honestly don’t remember seeing the all caps"New theory."

But anyways, magic is confirmed to be from the first unknown, chaos. what the hell is that? nobody knows.
The term gods seems to refer to a race in general, the race is called gods. confusing? probably. They’re probably native to the wom world, and not from space, because they have no way to travel through space.

The gods didn’t seem super angry with prometheus for giving magic to humans, actually.

Gods being defeated by men, in this context is like [x race] was defeated by men. They aren’t deities in the conventional sense.

Mutations aren’t genetic, they’re intentionally created by advanced magic users.

Don’t blame me for not being able to read the title then and don’t call me a troll for it either. You can’t just call everyone a troll just because it goes against your purview.

1. The chaos could be from anywhere and could potentially be extraterrestrial. The fact that the Gods had it first and then passed it down upon humans mean that the Gods themselves probably originated somewhere the Chaos was.

2. According to the people who read the lore, Prometheus killed the Gods beforehand which shows that he knew the Gods would have been angry.

3. The wizards are born with the ability of having mutated magic and are shown to be genetically more powerful with magic than others which show that it probably does involve genetics.

Sure, you’re not a troll. You’d never. I’ll refrain from commenting on this further.

1. Chaos is probably not on earth, or even in the dimension. If it was, WoM would be real fucked. Gods harnessed it first, yes, but that doesn’t mean they originated from the chaos. They basically just got to the magic first.

2. Prometheus overthrew zeus AFTER he introduced magic to mortals, and grew strong from their sacrifices. Not sure who you got your lore info from, but you should take their words with a pound of salt.

3. Strong wizardry might be genetic, probably is actually. But mutations are by the users choice. They can either mutate their magic willingly, or keep their starter magic. This makes it seem like the user is actively choosing, and is manipulating what happens to their magic. That doesn’t seem like genetics to me.

Stop being so smug. End this pettiness and focus on the topic.

1. Without the whole lore of the origins of the chaos and the Gods, the potential that they are both either extradimensional and extraterrestrial holds my theory strong.
  2. I was also thinking of the original Prometheus story where the Gods were upset at him for bringing humans fire, but regardless that point in my theory was overshadowed by everything else.
  3. The fact that magic is genetic means there’s a biological factor in obtaining magic and the strength of it.

I did.

1. The gods were never shown to have any capabilities to travel through space. Given the fact that the Peacekeeper hasn’t been shown to have that capability, and he’s way stronger than they were, I find it doubtful that they could.
  2. The original Prometheus story is not WoM’s story. Vetex has made this clear.
  3. Mutations probably aren’t genetic. The strength of a wizard, however, might be. I would assume that strong wizards have strong wizard children, and non-wizards would be unlikely to have magic children, unless it’s a recessive gene or something.

There’s no REASON to travel to space as of right now, but I am sure if they would, they would definitely be able to considering their pure strength and capabilities. Perhaps the Gods fled from their homeworld because of something disastrous and went to Earth for its lushness.

There could be a prequel where we see the Gods homeworld and the collapse of it like Krypton (Perhaps the Chaos caused the collapse?)

I mean, since we don’t know where the gods originated from, I guess it’s possible? I don’t see why they couldn’t just be an elder species from earth though.

Do you think that the gods can travel through space? They would probably freeze and suffocate in the vacuum of space. The world of Magius was never technology advanced, and the gods don’t seem any different. They also don’t seem strong enough to endure the vastness of space, especially given the massive distances between habitable planets.

Then elder species could be your own theory that you could believe.

I believe with a collective effort of every elemental magic that they could create a way to travel through space like how fire ants turn into boats during floods.

Thanks for the horrifying image of a mass of gods just glued together into a massive blob as they travel for unfathomable distances through space.

1 Like

Well, I guess one could perceive “god” as not a description of their nature but as a way to refer to how much stronger they were when compared to normal creatures. Humans probably gave them the name “god” anyway.

Even though they were aliens, it still wouldn’t change much. They’d still be gods, since “god” can also be used as a title.

That’s a copy of my post

you know what they say: great mimes think a lot