New Toggles in the Settings Menu

New Toggles in the Settings Menu https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/5/0/50f1a20f0c93a5952601b11d170fa9e21555fb4b.png
effort 4.333333333333333 6 quality 4.5 6 reasonability 4.857142857142857 7

Proposal

add 2 new settings in the settings menu: combat music and viewport frames

Details/background on your proposal

currently in the settings, we’re missing one thing that could re-add a nice WoM feature and one thing that could drastically reduce inventory lag. i have here a mockup:

1. add a combat music toggle
    this would simply add a toggle for the combat music that was in WoM. if you’re in a fight with a normal npc, the low battle theme (regular) would play. if you’re in a fight with a strong npc, the theme that currently plays against strong npcs would play.
    this applies unless you’re in a fight with a strong atlantean (which would play brought to insanity as it does rn) or a navy member, where it would play either the low or high magic council battle theme based on the navy member’s level
    it would have the following options: disabled (default), all, strong foes only
    (this setting would not affect boss music)
    ADDITIONALLY this would disable all area music when battle music is playing, as currently they can overlap

2. add a viewport frame setting
    viewport frames are those things where it displays a part inside of a gui, and they cause A LOT of lag. so much so that when i open my backpack i suddenly lose half of my fps. this setting would simply disable those and replace them with text labels. it would not affect pure images like enchant/modifier overlays (which the text would go over) or magics or spell/technique scrolls
    example of an unsocketed healing sw chestplate
    example2
    (it would work the same way for backpack and inventory items, with it layered like text > overlays > background)

it would have the following options: all (default), disabled, backpack only, inventory only

Reason to add/change

the first one is a simple feature suggestion that the code could be reused for from WoM (i dont like having to put on a youtube video for a song whenever i want to fight an npc)
the second one could cause major lag reduction when you’re searching for a particular item in your backpack

9 Likes

wouldnt this make it impossible to tell what items are

or would they be replaced with text labels

Images, my friend. Pictures.

1 Like

yeah i should clarify

not bragging, but I have enough stuff in my inventory that my laptop frame drops stupid (and i have high tier graphics with an 11th gen). both of these are solid suggestions but I do feel like a lack of visualizer will drag your effort rating down nvm im stupid

wym lack of a visualizer
also if you’re talking about the text frames then you can take a look at spell/technique scrolls for an example of what im talking about

I think they mean visualization of viewport off

oh bet i can add that

apologies, im not super paying attention rn

can you change your rating pretty please (I NEED IT!!!)

Dw fartman I got you this is a goated change

made a mockup for a viewport frame thing btw (it would apply the same way with backpack items, the background with the overlay layered on it with the text layered on that)

1 Like

if vetex was willing to upload an image for every item and every color variant of said item we wouldnt have viewport frames in the first place

either way if its replaced with text labels this is great ty for clarifying

too much fucking time considering every possibly variant of every accessory
but text labels is good (LOOK AT MY MOCKUP PLEASE)

yeah i saw i mentioned it at the end of my reply

thing i was saying about images was replying to stocksounds

Hear me out. Each item already has overlays to clarify what they are. Armors already have enchantments and modifiers go overtop of them. Just layer the image label underneath those both, bada-bing, you’ve got every item as a decal. It’s worth the performance issues.

29 minute bump

Good
But also the suggestion could use some more settings ideas :+1:

i dont think not using viewports would do much, and the inventory would be terribly inneffective without

you only lose half your fps?
my game outright freezes for 5 seconds!