New type of Dark Sea's Monsters

New type of Dark Sea's Monsters https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/e/5/e5ec3a2fc3f0f07a53306ec02145f93754c80f75_2_1024x768.jpeg
effort 4.5 10 quality 4.1 10 reasonability 4.6 10

Cool idea, but I have a suggestion. There should be gargoyles that don’t move, to trick the player. To counter this sensing could be used (future update) or hitting it from far away to check if it’s just a statue. Also, they should have high defense due to them being made of stone.
Overall, I want this!! :smile:

Don’t worry.

Oh I think I skipped over that when reading sorry

Oh and btw, I applied for suggestion and i can’t find the message i sent. Do you know how?

We are going off-topic, so I will explain it in private message.

just made a humanoid with some demonic parts and wings is good enough for me

ah yes, more jumpscares that are bad for my heart please

personally itd probably be better if theres some indication to tell if a statue is a gargoyles

on the other hand, itd be a lot funnier if we cant

medium dmg, high hp and slow spd maybe?

maybe their first/suprise attack can have high/above average dmg but some endlag so its possible to dodge

ship head figure would be cool too

Cool idea. I wanted to add this into mechanics list before, but then dropped it cuz too many mechanics would make it more complicated and hard to suggest, some people will be against some of them. So I decided to put minimum amount of mechanics to create “skeleton of the monster” - general idea of enemy that doesn’t puts rigid frameworks to its realization.

Always welcome)))

Haven’t thought about them receiving unique first attack, but sounds well. Maybe some unique brutal grab attack?

Oh damn, I will add this to the list. Also, make it fully made out of stone.

maybe something like the statue shaking a bit, like 1s, and then slashing out?

a grab might hav too much wind up, unless you want to give it massive dmg or smt

1 Like

Mostly for immersion, but damage would be good too.
Btw, I meant not these common grabs, but special one with brutal animation which won’t be based on the stat build.

A very good idea overall. With lack of Dark Sea enemies, this would be great. They should probably possess some kind of Earth magic or so, be able to fly and throw rocks at players. They may also be added at the nose of some Atlantean ships as figureheads, and will aggro if player attacks the crew. And when it dies, it should turn into solid stone, fall onto land and shatter into pieces

They should also have a weakness. Such as underwater, they slow down massively ( due to them being stone ) or something like lightning or sirens scares them. This would work by if lightning strikes close to them, they immediately wake up and shiver or something along those lines. For the sirens, however, I am unsure, maybe a siren bow? Or a new item called “Angelic Voice Potion” which when drunk, lets the user sing the same song as Sirens. This would be a good way to check an island for gargoyles, especially if there are loads of them and no one wants to lose 20 sealed chests due to being bombarded with earth magic.

Though the potion I am unsure if Vetex is up for it. Though it would be funny seeing a Gargoyle get scared due to hearing the voice of his ex (siren) lol.

@TheCoolFly Nice idea, if they ram into you the gargoyle should attack you, makes it even harder

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.