New type of Dark Sea's Monsters

New type of Dark Sea's Monsters https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/e/5/e5ec3a2fc3f0f07a53306ec02145f93754c80f75_2_1024x768.jpeg
effort 4.5 10 quality 4.1 10 reasonability 4.6 10

In short: I felt bored when I realized that we have only two types of monsters in The Dark Sea, so there is my idea of 3rd monster.

Gargoyle, in Greek religion and mythology, is the embodiment of a generalized idea of ​​an indefinite formless divine force, evil or benign, determining the fate of a person. Having suddenly, without any reason, performed a certain action, it disappears without a trace. Gargoyles are also called lower demonic winged deities, intermediaries between God and people.

Gargoyles are known as monsters that adorn medieval temples. They symbolized the forces of the demonic and dragon-inhabited underworld. It was believed that they were tamed by a higher spirituality, the focus of which was the temple.

Suggestions and mechanics for implementing this creature in the game.
  1. Since Vetex is not very inclined to create animals in his games. In extreme cases, a gargoyle can be made fully humanoid.

2. Such monsters can be placed in ruins next to other statues. They will remain motionless until the player gets close. Their lvl and name should be hidden until they get agroed or forever. (Typical mimic).

3. Their level and power will change in a special way. Something between the level of Atlanteans and the level of Sirens. This is necessary for balance purposes, so that at high range they do not become as strong as Atlanteans, because they attack the player when he is not expecting.

4. About drop… Maybe stone-based handmade defence or some Gargoyle body parts, but weapons for sure will be: Claws and some hammers. Gargoyle ship head made out of stone.

2 Likes

yes

1 Like

Sudden Gargoyle Jumpscare.

In all seriousness…i suppose they could serve as minor nuisances (Like Sirens) while you are exploring statue-filled dark sea structures, making the dark sea what it was supposed to be as it’s…what i assume, secondary purpose:Being a Horror area in general, just like Akursius Keep, which…was overhyped and it flopped, we know that.
Not sure what these guys would be capable of…or if they would be able to use magic, but i assume they would be capable of using magic, considering it’s the dark sea, every other monster we saw used magic, but who knows.

(Also please Opticalcord, give out a reason why you rated the suggestion like that, this is not funny anymore.)

2 Likes

what they drop

Glad to see somebody else writing up new ideas for enemies for the dark sea.

Personally, I see them as a way to intimidate players.

Reasons for this:

1. Players very often hide behind walls and turn the camera to make sure there are no enemies nearby.
  2. Players abuse invisibility potions when they see Atlantens.

The strength of the gargoyles themselves should not change much depending on the distance of the Dark Sea. So that players are still afraid of them at short range, but so that they do not become invincible at long range. (This does not mean that their strength will not change at all)

About what classes may be available to them. I have no ideas here.

Please note that this comment is not related to the main proposal. This is purely my view of things and the way to balance it, which is not included in the proposal itself.

more fodder to farm
they better give some fire loot

STONE PANTS :fire::fire::fire:

ROCK HARD
:fire: :fire: :fire:

I didn’t think about it. It is not known what they would look like if Vetex made them. Therefore, their drop may be reminiscent of Atlantean items in theme, what does this mean?

Magic-polluted-stone handmade armor parts (damn long name).
Gargoyle Horns (if part-humanoid)
Magic-polluted-stone instruments (Claws and almost all types of hammers and blunt stuff)

Gargoyle skin pieces
Rare Reagent for making Statue Potions
Statue: makes you completely immovable until you attack, while immovable, take 90% less damage

1 Like

+Immunity to revealing potions, lol.

isn’t that just Ironskin but with hyper buffs and drawbacks?

Technically would allow you regenerate health, unless the enemy out-DPS’s your regen, like Calvus.

disable regen, after all, stone cant regen itself can it?

it would make the potion pointless to use, other than for trolling and tomfoolery purposes.

its a silly potion, not really made for pvp, it could save you from an atlantean, just tank its attacks while your friends attack him until his aggro change

In my opinion, I would make its defence effect weaker, since stone is weaker than iron. But reduce moving speed penalty and give immunity to revealing potions.

Anyway, we gone too far from topic itself.

1 Like

Something similiar to atlantean stuff, but handmade-looking + made out of magical stone.

Actually yeah, I would like this.
Now you can have more than just atlanteans to worry about on islands :D!