Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

I dont see the point in customization but yeah

I mean maybe having an option to look like a very small beam maybe?

Y’all not to sound like a Christmas grouch but can you please try to chat somewhere else or make a topic? I get excited to look at patch notes and it’s just convos…

Elysium will be CLOSED on December 25th, please spend time with your families. Noble sends their regards. - Noble Phantasm, Vetexgames

Proofs Billy, we need proofs

vgif-ru-34424

mages having m1 helps with the blast cd nerf, it feels like eternity waiting to spam another blast now

1 Like

i wonder if they’ll be any passive spells in the future that change this up like how theres supposed to be lost spells that replace one of your limbs or make your charging explode and that stuff

1 Like

tbh I kinda like the mage m1 idea.
it finally gives magic based builds an attack that you can use while moving

also I wonder how it’s going to work with high knockback wind builds :>

1 Like

Imagine rowboat sized explosion magic m1

imagine the average sand mage whipping up a whole sand storm just by holding down m1

or 2 snow mages just starting a snowball fight

beam and javelin:

actually it might be cool if the m1’s had gravity applied after travelling a certain distance.
I think that that would be quite a bit more interesting than just exploding

solid magic was intended to be affected by gravity but got scrapped so i doubt it

why not alternate blast and javelin then

lets be honest, mages would be too busy spamming blast + beam and then reflex away to the nimbus sea to have time to use their m1

the short range probably means it’s not that useful at mages actual optimal range (though heavy/slow magics might perhaps get some use from it)

right like if somebody jumped on my ship while I was at the wheel thats like a free 200/300 damage for them (or more because for some ungodly reason my game lags when I get off my ships wheel) now I can finally return the favor on my favorite class!!!

Yeah it has short range, and probably doesn’t have the wide hitboxes that melee m1s do. Presumably its a way to keep people away from you more effectively as mage.

My main problem with it is that now magics have a more consistent m1 option compared to fighting styles and weapons.

At higher levels, you hardly ever use m1s on fighting styles and weapons outside of guns and thermo fist preheating for fights, and the thermo m1 is STILL useless when it comes to fighting. ALL of the magic m1s will have more range than any of the close up m1s and now just have another tool to fight with for free while strength and weapons can’t use their close ranged m1s at all.

edit: forgot cannonfist exists, but really, who else hasn’t?

2 Likes

Don’t forget cannon fist M1s