Nimbus Sea lore thread

With the addition of the Nimbus Sea, a lot of new lore has been introduced in the form of environments, dialogue, letters and item descriptions.
This topic is made to, sort of, collect and discuss the lore and theories in a more central location.

1 Like

There is this fossilised skeleton hidden behind a gravel(?) wall on Drakos Arch which is rather interesting.
You conā€™t really tell what it is exactly, but it looks like a way smaller version of the dragon skeleton which the island is named after.
If it is indeed a dragon, then it mustā€™ve lived way before the large one died, since it has fossilised while the large one hasnā€™t.

I do like how there are a lot more visualizations and talks about spirit weapons!

Claw Islandā€™s secret gives lore for Golden Apples

yeah, but itā€™s strange that they call the class ā€˜oracleā€™
maybe warden is just the collective name and there are several subclasses within it, one of which is the oracle class

Also, on Drakos Arch you can find a cave system with a bunch of skeletons in - Iā€™m betting it was the location of a pirate stronghold which was raided by rivals.

While not related to lore- The Shale Reef secret makes a legendary fishing spot!

yeah, itā€™s a really interesting location
thereā€™s also that random coffin laying half buried in the sand.
it could be that the island was originally a kind of burial ground before we find it.
maybe thatā€™s also why the dragon skeleton is there

thereā€™s an npc in caitara that talks about enchanting and how itā€™s different from every other magic, apparently you can learn it by studying a book

donā€™t they also say that because itā€™s so difficult to master, most of the time the enchantment is random?

yep

Thereā€™s a helmet/sword on a rock nearby an unusually large skeleton on Drakos isle.
Iā€™d bet its a reference to the minotaur and exiled, guess we know who won lol.

this Eden empire is probably a kingdom which was destroyed or taken over by some other empire, otherwise we would have probably heard about it somewhere already, especially since they seem to have interest in trading with other kingdom

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the empire became skyhall after being attacked by sea people for not sharing their apples

The mention of a ā€œgolden orchardā€ is quite interesting given the recent addition of golden fruits/mushrooms.

an oracle is a vitality user
a mage is a magic user
a weapon user is a weapon user
a martial artist is a strength user

could this captain Khalida on sameria be a knight?
she has that spirit weapon bracelet, but also has a big sword

claw island isnā€™t really an interesting island
itā€™s just an island which looks similar to a claw reaching for the sky
the only interesting thing is the lore on the note

I think itā€™s the other way around. I think all vitality users are Oracles, and Warden is the term for someone who uses only Vitality.

Thereā€™s a skeleton sitting on a throne near the piles of treasure. My theory is that the dragon was camping the cave so that no one in it could leave, and eventually they all starved to death. The skeleton sitting on the throne was so weak at the time of his death that he couldnā€™t even stand.

Itā€™s just so strange to me whenever I see a skeleton on a throne. Why would they die in that position, of all things? I think Captain Harwell from the Jaws secret chose to die sitting on a throne as a power move. But as for the skeleton in the Drakos Arch secret, Iā€™ve gotta find some other way to rationalize it, and this time Iā€™m going with starvation.

this could have ties to christianity or something because the name of the empire is the Eden Empire which is also the name of the Garden of Eden. It also has ties to apples & orchards which could have relation to the biblical story of eating the evil fruit or whatever.

Perhaps the ties to the Garden of Eden mean that it is a ruined kingdom because that is what also happened to the Garden of Eden. Idk im rambling

i was thinking an empire whose main export is exotic fruits like golden apples