Nimona's Lego Game Insanity Thread!

So I’m testing my general time comparison so far from run 3 to run 4, and run 4 is at six hours so far when run 3 took about 9:30 hours. The new strategy is FAST. What I’m focused on is this new strategy I’m working up for maximum speed and potential.

Just gotta pray it’ll work.

(check the video to see my channel, where you can see my developing mindset in action!)

Also, I am amazed I started out as “speed through the main story and then do everything else.” Doing it as “everything you can” is much easier.

SO.

I’m finally no longer doing only LEGO stuff, I’m doing some Arcane Odyssey permadeath stuff (Check my channel if you want to see :3 )

But, I’m going to not reveal strategies here for speedruns, since I like gatekeeping the weirdest, most niche stuff. Instead, I’ll ask questions, show bugs, rant about the games.

Still an insanity thread :smiley:

Nah just make you puke, coming from experience as a tictac fiend

it instead made me cry btw! So you were WRONG.

So there’s some stuff.

Apparently there’s this one bug that happens in the final level of the second movie.

On my fourth run, I noticed that if any characters that have a shovel, torch on story mode hit the Thuggee with the needed sword, the sword just goes to the backrooms.

I mean it. Disappears. check the video, it LEAVES. It goes, fades, says “sayonara.”

Buggy speedruns :3

So I am losing my mind.

3-2, a level that has TWO RNG SPOTS, has a 50% chance for both. So for best efficiency, you have a 25% chance to get what you need.

Now imagine your doing glitchless and this one RNG spot. THIS ONE SPOT halts you for an extra seven minutes.

I am going to eat my PC, I swear…

So going to split off this thread into 2 major things starting now. LEGO games, and Arcane Odyssey permadeath stuff.

So far, the fourth lego run has speed-ups, but it has bumps.

there’s this iconic spot on 3-3, motorcycle escape, and its the ramps. They are infamously buggy, horrible, and no matter what, its like a miracle to get it first try. Not just that, I actually don’t know where a minikit is. Which means I’m losing my edge, which means I need to try more.

As for the AO permadeaths, I lost my first run a few days ago. I’m going for a warrior, defense based and using dagger, cutlass/sword, and dual swords. I was curious what the combination would be like. It’s painful.

Get me out of here.

AO Permadeath stuff!

So this one build isn’t that weak. I’m going for defense as its primary stat, attack speed if I can spare it. The majority of the game has been easy, almost died on the hermit, Iris was easy enough. Not far yet, trying to grind and get good weapons before I start risking this second run.

Wish me luck!

Indiana Jones stuff!

As for this… well, I’m messing up on 3-3. Everywhere else, I’m fast. This is my ONE FAULT now. Everything else is good, but NOT THIS. My time is getting faster, but this one thing, if I don’t memorize it, will halt my progress and make run 4 longer than 3.

Basically, I’m messing up in a way that could break run 5 if I don’t ingrain every second of these runs into my brain.

More AO insanity.

So I’m gonna ask for advice here. Anyone know a decent way to prepare for a part of the game if you feel unprepared? A way that gives dopamine, doesn’t make things feel slow. I’m both confused and worried I’ll lose this run I’m on.

Indiana Jones

So run 4 was shorter. By about 10 minutes. I’m still at nine hours, but if I’m smart, I could cut down to a sub-9 hour run. Just need to NOT BE AS STUPID AS I AM.

by the way, I’ve found 3-4 bugs. 2 can be used to my benefit, and one is a run ender. I’ll show them another time!

So I took a little break for my physical health, had to see a musical my friend was in, exercised, the works.

(believe it or not, I do take care of myself!)

And I want to use this moment to point out 2 bugs that happen randomly!

On 2-6, at the bridge fight, there is a decent chance, if anyone has a shovel, for on the left side, swords that are dropped will instantly despawn. This makes runs both longer and more difficult. It increases the time by 15-30 seconds, depending on your own speed.

The second is on 3-5, at the beginning with the trucks. You have a decent chance to randomly just ENTER the boxes you build. Sometimes, if you are on the wrong pixel on the trucks, you have a chance to become one with the trucks if you hit it.

Just saying for anyone else who does speedruns!

AO is becoming my reason to choose violence.

One of the major problems with AO for my experiment is that it requires constant looking back. This means a 1 hour session means 3 hours of looking back. Not just that, it requires extra attention to the nature of it being permadeath.

Ultimately, I’m changing up. AO, and games that have WAY too many possible builds are not being done. It’s 10 hours at least per build as long as I don’t play reckless.

I’m not finishing the build I’m doing. I will, however, be playing my character based builds and showing those sometimes! (My Nimona build goes hard ngl!)

Indiana Jones anarchy.

So I’m finally on Run 5. Five left after this. The new strategy dodges the major problem of bugs on the second movie by skipping to the third as soon as you are done with 1-1. You get everything you need on the third movie besides a bazooka trooper which you can also get fairly easily.

Basically, speedrun strats begin now!

So I changed AO to a different game!

So now I’m doing the roblox game Zombie Uprising instead of AO. For now, at least. From what I’ve seen, its a pain to grind the guns, mods, and tiers. But I’m grinding them out before I do anything else.

Indiana has Jones??

I will personally be responsible for a national tragedy if run 5 fails.

I’m ending the thread after Indiana Jones because first of all, it’s becoming difficult to manage two threads at once, and most of my train of thought and such is on my patreon for my content creating. And I want to lock the secrets to my insanity.

I mean it, headache inducing game

So Zombie Uprising solo on the hardest difficulty for the maximum loot is actually insane. Can’t run, can’t fight, just have to move around correctly on hordes and use turrets. WHILE you just PRAY. This game has stolen my liver and my self respect.

Indiana Does have Jones!

So this is the final update of the entire thread of this. On my youtube channel, my methods and way of doing this will be visible and for your viewing.

https://youtube.com/@literallynimona?si=-21JCxSSUuoeZPSr

It’s my youtube channel, and starting in July, I’ll have in depth analysis of my runs viewable on my patreon. The lighter analysis will be seen in the description.

(Pay to see my observation skills, wankers >:3 )

But truly, thank you to all who’ve actually read my insanity, or those who’ve bothered to try following any advice I’ve given. Just remember to take care of yourself too! PT has been taking over my life so I’ve not been able to update this thread.

And I wish everyone the best! I love you all! Back to lurking the forums! :3