Non-competitive guilds?

Ok so guilds have become a large part of the game, and aftering reading the plans Vetex has for them I was uppset because smaller guilds (including mine) would never actualy be able to reach those heights. So what if we had non-competitive guilds where killing others for infamy wasn’t the only option, like doing quests could bring in infamy, of course they wouldn’t appear on the leader board and would still be killable for infamy. They could be a guild for friends and such, then they wouldn’t have to worry about killing others for infamy and wouldn’t bring guilds as much hate.

its a long shot but it could work, those who crave the title of number one can have it through hard work and those looking for a group to simply have their name attached to could have it with out worry of the bigger guilds.

Region capturing will give guilds infamy without forcing pvp on them
Admittedly, it’ll be harder for non-pvp guilds, but at least it’ll be possible

2 Likes

region capturing shouldn’t be the end all be all way of gaining infamy non-violently. Tbh there should be a bigger variety for infamy gain (like fishing, trading, pve, exploration), only having two methods that are both rather pvp oriented in a game that is much more exploration / story focused won’t make any sense.

3 Likes

Region capturing makes it easy to go high. We made a salvatore guild in AR, and through island capturing we’ve gotten to average even tho we’re trash at AR pvp

I thought there was going to be a system added where guilds would have their own quest board, and doing those quests would give them infamy.

azure sorcery

There should be more than just that, yeah, but at least region capping gives a way to do it

2 Likes

Guilds are supposed to be a pvp focused aspect of the game

2 Likes

Nope

on a game which focuses story and exploration there should be alternative ways

Nope. Sorry buddy but it’s get gud or get ganked

azure sorcery

wth system

if thats the case then you shouldnt go into a guild, the game has been adapted by making guildless people not give infamy in halloween update

Your comment isn’t related to mine at all. I mention that guilds should have other ways of getting infamy and you mention how guildless players no longer give infamy and that i shouldn’t be in a guild. The fuck?

On the topic Rb1 said:

Region capturing shouldn’t be the only way of gaining infamy non-violently. There should be a bigger variety for infamy gain, only having two methods that are both rather PvP oriented in a game that is much more exploration/story focused won’t make any sense.

Think about it. This is a large game, with focus on story and exploration, with the PvP being optional and secondary. If you don’t agree with it, your opinion, but it kinda makes sense.

No matter how you look at it, guilds are the PvP aspect of WoM. Even if alternatives of infamy were implemented, you would still get ganked by bigger or more skillful guilds. If you want a group of friends fighting bosses and grinding items, make a team. You don’t need a guild.

Classic ‘‘no, sorry, git gud’’ reply. You aren’t contributing to anything, nor being constructive. I doubt you had read previous comments here.

Teams don’t work as guilds do and have different functions apart. Also, are guilds really PvP aspect? Since when? PvP aspect is the fights. If you refer to ‘‘the best way of getting infamy is PvP, therefore it’s a PvP aspect’’ then I think I got your point, but read previous replies. I never said that would guarantee not being ganked, of course PvP would still be a way (practically the main way) but alternatives should be welcome as to not have the same way over and over again to get infamy.

penis fart poo poo

tf is this supposed to mean