NPC clan buildings

NPC clan buildings
effort 5.0 5 quality 4.4 5 reasonability 4.4 5

Disclaimer: this is potentially stupid and might require a bit of work to build all the bases, and it might clash with how vetex wants this system to be like

Basically there would be at least one pre built NPC base per wilderness island (not sure how much work this would take, depends on how long building takes). Maybe players can submit bases for NPCs to use, though that might be complicated since mods need to review it to ensure we don’t get Mario Maker esque “free 1ups” buildings

When a server starts, a random island would be already owned by an NPC faction, though this wouldn’t happen in a clan server. Clan servers won’t see any of these NPC factions or buildings to avoid confusion and bullshittery

Also, the clan island will not get regular bounty NPCs. At the beginning of the server, the NPC clan island won’t get bounty NPCs. When respawning NPC clans, they would only pick islands where there are no guys. This might be hard in the nimbus sea because there are so little slots that every island has a lv200 yujiro hanma class beast of a man on it. The slots for bounty NPCs will be filled by NPC clan guards

Killing every NPC in the base would allow you to instantly claim it if you’re in a clan since wiping out a bunch of NPCs would roughly take the same amount of time. For non clan players and clan players alike, they would each drop unique rewards to incentivize taking down the base besides “need real estate for the clan”

There would be different factions that could own these bases (based on the WoM factions)

• Rising Mist Detachment: a group that left the navy to dish out their own brand of justice (killing on sight). They look like the grand navy but with gray and green instead of blue and yellow. Destroying a Rising Mist base has a 1 in 5 chance to drop the Smoke Bow or Smoke Bomb skill note. It’s a bow that shoots smoke arrows, though with nerfed amounts of particles. The skill note can work with any weapon and basically acts like a teleport with slightly longer range than your dodge, though it has a cooldown

• Dark Sea Expedition Company: these guys will have their own protective outfits but they’ll occasionally have an Atlantean part. Destroying a Dark Sea Expeditionary base will have a 1 in 3 chance of dropping an Expeditionary suit/boots/mask. There would be one set per sea, and they give high warding and maybe some other stat

• Sun Rage Pirates: average yar har har pirates. Beating a Sun Rage base will give you a rare+ treasure chartand a funny AO pirate death line. Maybe if clearing out all the guys is really time consuming the drop can be buffed to an exotic chart.

• Samerian Trading Corporation: combination of Nestle and East India Trading Company. They wear a combination of Samerian garb and suits, along with the new silver suit for officers. Killing a STC base will give you three unfinished gems and a bunch of random reagents for both jeweling and potions. This can even be crazy shit like legendary scales, though probably at a crazy low drop rate

Once a base is destroyed and there are unclaimed islands, the game would wait ~20 minutes before spawning another base on an unclaimed island, and then announcing it to the server.

If you really wanna get complex then maybe when a NPC faction has a base on the server, their ships would spawn, but that’s a whole new can of worms

5 Likes

british people canon in ao

2 Likes

hmmm these names sound very familiar… must be in my head

1 Like

cough cough

1 Like

must be from adventure story

We need a cylinder shape for when vetex adds the summon elemental spell so you could create the tangler using wood magic

hear me out, vine robes so i can become the druid and spam life flare and summon tangler

My main concern is how clan players apparently won’t see the structures—idk how well that’d work for structures that big and for that many NPCs. Could give a huge advantage in PVP fights if one player’s attacks are hitting objects but another’s isn’t.

If you gave Rising Mist any more power than they already have, they would smokescreen their entire base, and crash the PC of anybody who comes in a 1 mile radius.

1 Like

I meant that the structures wouldn’t even spawn in clan servers

Clan players would obviously see them if they’re there, but if they’re on a clan server they wouldn’t see any because they don’t spawn in clan servers

Ah, my apologies. You said that in a later sentence so I assumed they were separate mechanics.

maybe as effective as theurgist, with 1 warding and defense

no cults? boo

4th sea there should be a cult trying to bring back a dead prometheus or something
name them “The Flame-Bearers” or something and give them a tendency to use fire magic and prometheus spirit weapons, which have fire synergies and are orange/white

A cult of the sun god (the dead god isn’t evil just people using his name)
worshippers of great (tallest in war seas) volcanic mountains, (overall DPS of the cult is low but blind and and lava makes up for it)
“the LIGHT leads our enemies to their doom”

(Their goal is to cause a eruption that would reach and therefore feed the sun falsely believing it would weaken the dark sea)

1 Like

This quite good idea hope it gets approved by the creator

super cool idea, though reasonably could be incorporated into the smaller npc towers idea instead

still, the actual factions are cool, even the ports from wom

1 Like