NPCs and walls

I’m not saying I know how the wall check works or how this affects builds other than mage, I don’t even know if the quote above is true.

I don’t understand why all NPCs need to have this. Wasn’t the original purpose of wall immunity to not be able to cheese Mini-Bosses and Atlanteans? Atlanteans get stuck in building pretty easily IIRC, but Minibosses just feel unfair. I’m aware that the wall check was added because of Kai and Merlot being cheesed through walls, but their areas are too cramped IMO. I don’t know if I fight them wrong, but they just do. Atlanteans don’t have this problem because the islands they spawn on are very open.

Adding this to regular NPCs would make damage wildly inconsistent as there are usually obstacles everywhere. Trees, rocks, raised surfaces. AOE doesn’t work behind walls, so unless you can directly face an NPC you can’t do anything, which feels like a big change to PVE IMO and lost spells, which are good for dealing damage behind walls don’t.

Fort Castrum is even worse. There’s terrain destruction everywhere, so rarely your attacks won’t damage. Although its being fixed NPCs get stuck in REGENERATING terrain and are immune to any attack. Trying to get them while a timer is slowly counting down is stressful, even if the time remaining is large.

If wall checks have to stay I think it needs to be a little less strict, terrain destruction also needs to have a change. Maybe teleport NPCs and players after regeneration?

also nerf npcs. too many player restrictions 0 npc restrictions

not all have them, but yea i think this should only be restricted to minibosses/bosses

yeah I don’t know what npcs have wall immunity. I just read the quoted message and didn’t verify

Yeah, I agree that it’s a pretty frustrating feature. Too many times have I clearly hit an npc who was narrowly behind a wall and the hit didn’t register.

1 Like

yeah, i threw a blast at a wall and it destroyed the wall and the npc took no damage, but the npc immediately fired back with a blast at me and i took like 300 damage

1 Like