Obolus Has A Special Skill?

Saw this on the trello, not sure if this means something like submerging under water after going above the sea but I’ve never heard someone use cloak as an alternative word for submerge :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What do you guys think of this?

3 Likes

i like the uniqueness

1 Like

man, u need fast reaction time to parry that thing now

Anglerfish prey would not see the anglerfish. Prey would only see the light, as anglerfish are deep sea creatures. So I’m guessing the cloak skill is just vetex’s way of implementing something like that, since he can’t exactly do nature’s way of that- having literally no light underwater or having to go super deep to get drops from sea monsters would both be pretty annoying.

5 Likes

Wait what ehen did “Obolus” appear on the Trello

it appeared on the trello in recent patch notes. i think this fix was on 1.12.41

I assume it would sit in sunken structures, invisible and possibly having a light blending in with the jellyfish. Lashing out at you if you get close. It could also go like that for attacking a ship, circling it like a shark and reappearing once again as its about to strike hehe.

3 Likes

This is probably the “sea monster” Vetex was trying to keep a secret earlier.

If I had to guess, it’s the sea monster a guy at Sailor’s Lodge (or Palo Town, I do not remember) mentions; one that hides under a thunderstorm and attacks ships that go into the storm.

IIRC, that one is called the Leviathan

So another huge sea monster in the future, pain

I hope it doesnt aggro when spotting a ship and only when a player comes near the sunken structure, at the very least guarding something important

it’s the demonbruhfish

1 Like

I’ll give you a clue because Vet was kind enough to jump scare us yellow names:
Turn your volume off when underwater. You do not want to hear that thing if you like having ears.

i assume it just goes invisible

magic pollution ig

That’s the skill? I’ve seen the video too but uhhh, that doesnt seem to be cloaking although the scream was cool

It’s the big anglerfish

Some yter leaked the video of that

Oh I didnt mean Obolus, Divanochi was referring to another sea monster that’s not added yet

the leviathan is small

Ohhhh okay