Ocean Current Collapse

Apparently between the time of 2025 and 2095, one of the major ocean currents(there are 5 major currents total) could collapse. From what I’ve read, the currents helps regulate global temperature, transfer nutrients, oxygen, carbon, etc. around the globe. If it collapses, it could bring irreversible dire effects to the Earth, more specifically places such as Europe, The US, Greenland, and Canada, but it would still affect everyone on Earth.

It’s supposedly getting weaker due to climate change and that we’re getting near its tipping point. In the 2025-2095 timeframe, scientists have said that between 2039-2070 would be more realistic, but it could possibly be even earlier. Pretty crazy stuff

haha gadamn I love being more existentially paranoid than I already am

fr tho this is crazy, I didn’t even know those things could just up and stop.

Well I wish people would do something about it but ya rly can’t do shit

well this is just great news that my existential dread will love to hear

Well ain’t that a swell thing to hear :D!
We’re truely living history right now, can you imagine a eighth of a continent being on fire (forest fires), a global pandemic, and an outright war between two massive countries! Wow, if you told me that was going to happen 4 years ago, I would have said haha, good writing. Hope your book does well and moved on. But you know what they say, reality is often times stranger than fiction.

Fellow lads, I hope to see yall in a textbook someday. This right now is history.

At this point it just feels like we’ve entered a berserk manga since 2020

Things just keep getting worse

watch me die when it starts

Geez Louise

I’m gonna happily dome an alligator with a snowball, two snowballs if I feel particularly silly

THE DARK SEA IS REALLLLLL!!!

too bad Vetex removed it :frcryin:
Screenshot 2023-07-28 043908

So I actually read the article and apparently other scientists have their doubts in the accuracy of the model. I myself have my own doubts, largely because I can’t really imagine that 6-8 inches of presumably freshwater (sea level rise) can cause such a situation. The implication would end up being that our currents exist on such a delicate balance that any relatively small disturbance can just cause them to just collapse. According to google the average depth of the ocean is 12,100 feet or 3,688 meters 6-8 inches of fresh water doesn’t really sound like much to me.
The worst case here which is 8 inches of freshwater (assuming it’s all freshwater because it probably is) is still 1815x below 10% of the ocean’s average depth.

That’s not “removed”

It not happening was a bug that got fixed.

Waves collapse will exist

GRIFFlTH!!!

a fart turned into a shart…

Another reason for the entire plnet to be burned away in the atom.