On Cards and Dice

Hello readers, my name is Artemis Anchor, and this is a side story to The Steel Anchor that talks about the card, board, and otherwise tabletop games.

Shipwrecks and Sea-serpents
This tabletop roleplay game is quite popular amongst scholars, as it requires much arithmetic and imagination. The main producers of “kits” for the game is Brazen Forge , a veteran in the business, they have created some more games on this list and outside it. The most popular preset is “Arcane Adventure” which takes place in a semi-realistic setting mirroring the War Seas, albeit with a few changes such as magic being more epic for dramatic purposes. The real draw of the game is the creativity that can be used, from making a character to building a whole universe.

Tournament of Elements
This is a staple of the card game genre. The basis of the game is using a card of the same element(Earth, Fire, Water, Wind) to stack on other cards. There are a few special cards, such as skip, which skips the next player’s turn. The objective of the game is to get rid of all your cards before others. This is another Brazen Forge game, which helped propel them into their current legendary status.

Mercantilism
This tabletop game is also a staple, but it is made by The Merchant’s Guild. The game revolves around a circle you must go around and collect Crowns, the game’s currency, by either completing a circle, buying properties, sinking ships in random events, or selling cargo. The movements are determined by rolling a die numbered 1-8. The random events are on specific tiles in the circuit and are drawn out of a deck of cards. The goal of the game is either buying all properties, bankrupting all other players, or sinking their ships in random events.

White-Eyes
This is a simple die game without any specific creator. The goal is to roll higher than your opponent and flip 8 object over before they do. This is a simple game usually played at taverns and other occasions where there is no official game to be played.

These are just a few of the games on the War Seas, and you can leave your own favorite board or card games in the message boards.

(ooc) I am working on the next Molten Silver part and new Steel Anchor issue. I just wanted to put something out based on something I thought about a while back.

2 Likes

Always nice seeing other people share that last name with your main

And I’m guessing all of these are based off of a real world game in some aspects, like mercantilism being based off of monopoly? Really cool.

Cool! Interesting to see the arcane versions of our games.
I’m going to guess:
Shipwrecks and Sea-serpents - Dungeons and dragons
Tournament of Elements - UNO!
Mercantilism - Monopoly
White - Eyes - Snake Eyes

Favorite board game: Gloomhaven
Favorite card game: Chinese poker or Durak (Russian)