One of the worst things about not being able to use your magic underwater as a Mage

Killing sea monsters might be an issue, but the biggest issue is that you can’t harvest underwater materials. Because of the magics you have (and if you have a heat based magic you will probably have a 2nd heat based magic) you are locked out of getting certain materials, and you need to get them by trading alone.

And no, weapons aren’t a reliable solution.

I really hope Vetex changes this. I hope it’s not an intentional design choice that’ll be permanent, because that would be really unfair and pretty bizarre.

edit: I said weapons aren’t a reliable solution because they seem to not like working to destroy jellyfish and rocks. At least for Mages. Nothing happens.

2 Likes

if i get really up close with snow magic i’m still able to destroy stuff, might work with some heat magics

2 Likes

Only thing i cant get is drop from jellyfish im fine with rest

(just get stormcaller and you can solo any monster with less than 20 arrows)

posion tooth dagger.

Use a weapon to destroy terrain pieces underwater, they can destroy rocks/trees.

To kill jellyfish you have to touch them, so GL with that

@Kosmo spew why you hate how heat based magics can’t do anything when you’re beneath the water.

I hate it too, I’m also a fire user. But I also have Iron leg, so I’m fine.

watching as my opponent slowly paddles away (I am helpless to do anything)

9 Likes

You could potentially try to hit the bell of the jellyfish with a weapon like a katana or hammer, since only the tentacles damage you. Still ridiculously tedious though.

I should realize that as a fire warlock, being able to use a fighting style to help attack sharks and destroy things even watch the surface makes my build special, kind of

There should really be a mastery system for your first magic (I’ve heard that your first magic cannot be changed to a lost or ancient one whatsoever) so when your a high enough level a fire blast can actually travel underwater albeit just a short distance with reduced damage or configure it to explode upon contact with water.

Like it would be pretty lame if a level 1000 mage with fire as his first magic still gets his continental size blast to be consumed by the ocean.

2 Likes

what if the fire blast increases in water at a high enough level
to be fair that only applies to grease fires and even then there’s too much water for the grease fire to last due to the sharp temperature difference
but it would be cool

The first and only time I destroyed a jellyfish was with a Ravenna Greatsword, but it hasn’t worked since.

:c

Im mage. I don’t have iron leg. I leteraly can’t do nothing underwater

He already mentioned mastery in the QnA

I feel so bad for you buddy.

Save me from my mage hell. Save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Just get bow and we all mostly chill with it

fire iron leg warlock? just play thermo

1 Like

Too bad I have light :slight_smile:

light dont work underwater either?