[ ⚔️ Oneshot ⚔️ ] The Talk 🗣️

The Overseer wants to see me? Oh dear, what have I done wrong… Hopefully this isn’t about the Bronze Legion finding our outpost…

Come in… Architect…” A soft voice spoke across the room, the door opened by itself as a masked person walked in. The atmosphere of the room was rather intense, standing in front of the Overseer himself, of course, fear started running through his senses. “What… May I assist you with… Overseer…” Said the Architect, a single drop of sweat dropped as he started taking steps to his seat.

The Overseer sighed, tapping the table. “I just wanted to have a talk with you… as the others seem to be pretty busy with their contracts…” Said the Overseer, his soft tone made the atmosphere of the room shifted to a rather gloomy vibe.

The Architect pulled the chair and sat on it, fiddling with his fingers while having a gaze at the Overseer. “A… talk?” He looked confused, this was his first time being called for just a… talk. His mind drifted, thinking he’d be killed for his reports on the Bronze Sea he sent a few fortnight ago.

He nodded, “Correct, just a small talk… As you may know,” He paused, taking a sip of his tea which was firmly made beforehand. “I just heard news that our outpost in the Ravenna realm was found by… a Centurion of the army… Doesn’t that sound bad to you, Architect?” Softly said the Overseer, keeping his calm as he observed the Architect, curious for what his answer will be.

He gasped briefly before maintaining his posture, “That is concerning…How did the Centurion just find it? I swore the Lord that was tasked there said it’d be hidden to the blind eye.” Scratching his head out of frustration as he removed his mask, placing it on the table. “I thought… I thought… Argh- I just have too much on plate…” Pathetically said the Architect.

The Overseer patted his shoulder, “It’s fine… Though the Centurion did report it to Archibald’s crew of misfits.” He leaned back, taking another sip of his tea. “Major Braxton took down the Lord that was in charge of the hideout…That resulted in the Lord’s death…” He continued.

The Architect expression cannot be described as his emotions drifted him through all five stages of grief, profusely sweating as he wiped it off. “I should’ve been more careful of picking whoever is tasked to take care of the hideout… I just hate seeing failures…” He said, clenching his fist.

He sympathetically nodded, “I do get it, failure is something we, Syndicate, don’t like to see… It was pretty uneventful for us as we lost a major piece to make our whole job easier with other seas as Ravenna is the closest…” He expressed his opinion, tapping the table.

He tilted his head to the side, “That is true, b-but what can we do about it?” Asked the Architect, rubbing his neck. Looking at the Overseer, he seemed rather interested in the skull on top of his shoulder. “Say, sir… do you mind if I ask you a quick question? This has been bothering me for quite some time.” Said the Architect, gulping.

Go on, shoot your shot.” He softly said, rubbing his chin. His right arm twitched as he waited for his question. He thought his question would be related to the organization so he had prepared a few answers already in his mind.

The Architect then pointed his finger at the skull pauldron, “That, is it just for the look or what? Don’t get me wrong here, sir! I am just a bit curious, all of this Ravenna talk made me a bit…” He paused, glancing at the Overseer’s pauldron. “Dizzy… So I just wanted to change the topic a bit… That, if your comfortable with telling it.” He continued and stopped.

Quite the topic… Well… This skull was the skull of a sworn enemy of mine, well, minus the horn as I added it for flair and intimidation…” Answered the Overseer softly, his angelic voice struck the Architect, “I do have to say to myself that… fighting him was a struggle…” He added.

He nodded, “I…I see… So it’s just for the look right.” Laughed the Architect, wheezing as he saw the Overseer also laughing, something unexpected but they just played along.

Trivia

The reason they don’t have a name is due to me being lazy, so I just used the rank of the AS.

The Overseer is around his late 40s while the Architect is around his early 30s.

The group of misfits they mentioned is the same characters in the Unexpected Transfer (Archibald and Braxton).

I wasted more times building the room than the story itself :skull:

Also this is how the room looks like

13 Likes

Fire artwork

1 Like

If anyone wants to draw them, here is the clean rig

Man, the syndicate has potential for some pretty slick outfits. Pretty good piece of writing tho.

1 Like