Online Fighting Info Needed

Hi everyone!

I’m creating a remake of Online Fighting. I’m working with a developer team and we need your help! We need a lot of information regarding Online Fighting. Even the slightest of information is useful for us. Please give us everything you know.

Sincerely,
Arson (rockycanyons)
Project Lead of Online Fighting 2014 Reborn
Owner of Revyn Studios

P.S. If you can describe the builds and how you felt seeing those builds/playing the game, that would be amazing!

3 Likes

ermmm there’s low tide town and uhmmmmm tht’s it there’s the fire curse the sand curse and uhmmmm the growth one too

the deep sea gate is pretty impressive (mostly because it’s just very large), and the fire altar thingy was also quite neat.

apart from that, most islands weren’t really that memorable because they were pretty basic.

you can always just check the islands and dialogue out for yourself if you really wanted to. My favourite part is Freedrock being stranded on some random island.
(also you have to include the statue at the winter prison area)

You’re also legally required to include at least 5 wedges with a dialog box

1 Like

This is some information that I didn’t know about before. Thank you for sharing!

Oh god this like the 5th OF remake so far

If anything i wish you luck

The biggest dump of info you will find is OF itself, which has been uncopylocked by vetex so check it out, it should have a ton of data

Well I got some developers from previous projects and I have been checking that game out. :grin:

Yeah, well we’ll see about that. :rofl:

Is there a discord server for it?

If I had a nickel for every time someone remade an old vetex game, I’d have like 4ish nickels

1 Like

…more than that.

There is. But it’s development only.

If I had a nickel for every time someone remade Arcane Adventures, I would have two nickels.
Which is weird, because it happened two times.

…3

don’t forget Arcane Soul. ( bruh )

Nobody knows

Regardless, please keep it on topic. Whether it’s a remake or not, it doesn’t matter. It’s for the playerbase themselves as many haven’t played Online Fighting and since the game is broken, there needs to be a remake.

Just a question. Are you planning to add things compared to the original game?

Could you explain what you mean in more detail, please?

remember the ice statue of that one guy

Are you just doing a 1:1 remake?

Hey! Thanks for the questions! I hope this will answer what you and other people are looking for!

With that being said, let’s dive into the world of Online Fighting 2014 Reborn! As you can tell, I’m genuinely excited about giving it a major upgrade, pushing the graphics and builds way beyond what Vetex initially had in mind. You see, back in 2014, things were a bit rough around the edges. So, this update is going to elevate it to the level of his other games like Arcane Odyssey.

Now, here’s a nifty idea that I had, but I’ve got some reservations about it. It’s about recreating that 2014 experience with all the working scripts and everything. However, I do have a few concerns. It’s an older style, and it might resonate mostly with the die-hard fans of Vetex’s older games which doesn’t consist of a huge population of the playerbase. Plus, there’s the potential for some lag issues, which I’ll definitely need to investigate further. Lastly, it could potentially clash with the whole idea of giving the game a fresh start.

But you know what? I’m not entirely opposed to it. If there’s a genuine interest in it from the player community, I’d definitely be open to including the legacy option.

In the strictest sense, if you’re asking whether the game will have the exact same models as the original version, I have to say it won’t. However, I’ve always believed in the principle of being adaptable and open-minded when it comes to game development, and this project is no different.

Now, here’s where it gets interesting. Because of my commitment to putting the player base first to a certain extent, there’s a chance that if there’s enough demand for a version that mirrors Vetex’s original models with working scripts, it could become a reality. The implementation of this is still up in the air, whether it’s an option in the settings labeled “Legacy Version” or an entirely separate game. Who knows, you’ll find out if it ever gets implemented! :rofl:

With that being answered, let’s dive into your other question, “Are you planning to add things compared to the original game?”

The answer to that is… drum roll

I’m all for it! Okay that was an awkward transition but I like it. :rofl: Anyways, while I would love to do this, there are a few challenges I have before this would become a reality. You see, I don’t have any direct line to Vetex, the original creator. So, any new stuff would have to seamlessly blend with the current lore or be a welcomed addition to it. Plus, it’d need Vetex’s green light before making its way into the game.

I’ve also been considering a few other factors. The development team might find themselves under a bit of pressure when it comes to generating new content. There’s a fair expectation for it to match up to Vetex’s high standards. Because of this, it’s only right to find a way to reward them for the extra effort, perhaps through Robux or some other form of recognition? Especially considering that this new content wasn’t initially part of their original agreement when they hopped on board with the game.

But let me be clear - I’d only entertain the idea of introducing paid content if there’s a genuine demand for it from the players. This is because I want to make sure the project stays true to its original vision.

One more thing to keep in mind is that since it’s not my game in terms of source material, I’d need Vetex’s thumbs up to add new content. It’s a matter of ethics for me, and I’m all about respecting the original creator’s work.

So, that’s where I stand on it! If you’ve got more questions, feel free to ask. As the project lead, I’m here to keep you in the loop and I hope you guys are excited about the game just as much as I am!

2 Likes