Online Fighting Info Needed

remember the ice statue of that one guy

Are you just doing a 1:1 remake?

Hey! Thanks for the questions! I hope this will answer what you and other people are looking for!

With that being said, let’s dive into the world of Online Fighting 2014 Reborn! As you can tell, I’m genuinely excited about giving it a major upgrade, pushing the graphics and builds way beyond what Vetex initially had in mind. You see, back in 2014, things were a bit rough around the edges. So, this update is going to elevate it to the level of his other games like Arcane Odyssey.

Now, here’s a nifty idea that I had, but I’ve got some reservations about it. It’s about recreating that 2014 experience with all the working scripts and everything. However, I do have a few concerns. It’s an older style, and it might resonate mostly with the die-hard fans of Vetex’s older games which doesn’t consist of a huge population of the playerbase. Plus, there’s the potential for some lag issues, which I’ll definitely need to investigate further. Lastly, it could potentially clash with the whole idea of giving the game a fresh start.

But you know what? I’m not entirely opposed to it. If there’s a genuine interest in it from the player community, I’d definitely be open to including the legacy option.

In the strictest sense, if you’re asking whether the game will have the exact same models as the original version, I have to say it won’t. However, I’ve always believed in the principle of being adaptable and open-minded when it comes to game development, and this project is no different.

Now, here’s where it gets interesting. Because of my commitment to putting the player base first to a certain extent, there’s a chance that if there’s enough demand for a version that mirrors Vetex’s original models with working scripts, it could become a reality. The implementation of this is still up in the air, whether it’s an option in the settings labeled “Legacy Version” or an entirely separate game. Who knows, you’ll find out if it ever gets implemented! :rofl:

With that being answered, let’s dive into your other question, “Are you planning to add things compared to the original game?”

The answer to that is… drum roll

I’m all for it! Okay that was an awkward transition but I like it. :rofl: Anyways, while I would love to do this, there are a few challenges I have before this would become a reality. You see, I don’t have any direct line to Vetex, the original creator. So, any new stuff would have to seamlessly blend with the current lore or be a welcomed addition to it. Plus, it’d need Vetex’s green light before making its way into the game.

I’ve also been considering a few other factors. The development team might find themselves under a bit of pressure when it comes to generating new content. There’s a fair expectation for it to match up to Vetex’s high standards. Because of this, it’s only right to find a way to reward them for the extra effort, perhaps through Robux or some other form of recognition? Especially considering that this new content wasn’t initially part of their original agreement when they hopped on board with the game.

But let me be clear - I’d only entertain the idea of introducing paid content if there’s a genuine demand for it from the players. This is because I want to make sure the project stays true to its original vision.

One more thing to keep in mind is that since it’s not my game in terms of source material, I’d need Vetex’s thumbs up to add new content. It’s a matter of ethics for me, and I’m all about respecting the original creator’s work.

So, that’s where I stand on it! If you’ve got more questions, feel free to ask. As the project lead, I’m here to keep you in the loop and I hope you guys are excited about the game just as much as I am!

2 Likes

I hope you don’t say this just for it to fail on week 2 and for half the dev team to leave

You’re not the only one lol! I hope so, too! But I’m not going to let that consume my thoughts. I’m looking forward to making this project succeed and I’ll do anything to make sure it works out!

you could pay them

oh yeah, also if you do this please add a file system if you’re making it like AO so we can try out all the different builds

I love your dedication. Hope this won’t end up like that one game that took 7 or so years to be 10% done.

yknow what would be great is that instead of just updating the graphics and code you could revamp it with the same idea and abilities but with a different gameplay style (we already have ao so) such as a pure fighting game with sea curses (ooo fun)

though i wasnt there when of still worked, i would much prefer something more unique than another ocean + islands game where you level up and kill people

but whatever you do choose to do, good luck!

I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for being honest and giving your two cents! I appreciate it!

Hi, just wanted to follow up with this out of curiosity, do you mind expanding on it? You’ve intrigued me so I wanna hear your thoughts on it.

i was thinking about an elemental battlegrounds style game where you can unlock curses by doing things and you just fight other people (but it could be more fleshed out where theres like boss fights and duels and stuff)
i had a idea for a game where you roll for a magic but everything has the same chance to roll but sadly i cant code :(

You can’t or you don’t know how to?

everyone can know how to code, yet few know how to utilize it.

true

i can do very simple things but when it comes down to making even a functional fireball im lost

Understandable

Hmmmm… in theory that sounds good but when it comes to implementing that in Online Fighting: that just doesn’t work. This is due to how the original game worked. We are changing a few things up sure, but we are also trying to maintain elements of the original game as well.

Update:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.